Trust

"Master Elliot, what is your first order?"

Elliot?

Like my in-game name?

He had picked an androgynous name that seemed to fit pretty ironically.

Elliot seemed like a guy's name but her character for a girl, plus his last name 'Angels' became a joke as he designed a race specifically for himself.

The Devourer.

"Uh...I'm sorry i'm still con-" Jordan froze as he realised something.

Wait...If i've become my in-game character...

His cheeks reddened as he finally realised the loss of something in his southern area,"Oh my god..."

Jordan Tew had become a girl.

"I will explain, my lord." A blue dragon growled.

"Draketh?" Jordan felt increasingly conscious of his voice which had become high pitched, it was like he had lost his adam's apple and became more feminine.

Well he technically was a woman.

"My lord...Several centuries ago, you led us in a battle alongside our other masters...We won, but all of our masters contracted sickness and fell prey to them. But you persevered on until we managed to preserve you. For centuries, the entire castle has been dreary, even more so than normal. That was when our leading scientist, Kelieave managed to crack the code to your powers of revival and saved you. Unfortunately, our other masters have passed on. Now, all we have is you..." The dragon's voice trembled greatly, its frame shaking.

The rest of them shed plenty of tears, their loneliness and wish for vengeance looming over them.

Jordan could not help but feel the same as they did.

His team consisted of several other beta-testers for his game and moderators that oversaw the new releases and updates while he designed, modelled and crafted new items to add to the game.

They were a loyal group that kept together until war broke out.

Then, as if the world was playing with them, every time he seemed to log on, there would be one less person until he was the last to go.

This game no, this reality that they made was something Jordan couldn't let go of.

Everything from the items to the landscape and personalities of every single NPC and mob, they played a part in.

I'm was team leader in my past life...I'll make full use of this second chance I've been given!

Everyone...I won't let you down!

Jordan made his resolve.

Now...First course of action, gathering information.

"Everyone...I may not remember much...But I will do all I can to protect everyone! You're all my friends...No- my subjects. My family!" Jordan shouted.

What am I saying?!

Why did that feel so natural to say?

"Master Elliot!" The monsters cried out, their voices in a grand symphony.

"The first course of action...Have you been collecting information from the outside world? Beral." Elliot asked a gruff bear like humanoid.

"Aye master. The remnants of the war we waged centuries prior still prevail today. Master Gail's final words have brought about a curse that used up the final vestiges of all the other master's life force. Races of all kinds are all in a peaceful deadlock with each other but the human race has still prevailed to this day. As for our surroundings, it seems the palace has been teleported to some sort of forest. No soul has stepped within a kilometre of the palace and returned to tell the tale." Beral growled,"Eternal Vampiress Valentine, guardian of the outer gates is hardworking as ever, protecting and caring for the palace."