Calculated Moves

"[Enhance: Blood Strength Up]!" Nikolas pulled out a dagger, glowing purple as he poured mana into it.

Elizabeth frowned,"Prodding?..." He had deployed a well-known tier one dark spell but it was less effective than most.

"Haah!" Nikolas lunged forward, Elizabeth flipping back as she noticed a peculiar sight.

He was infusing small amounts of mana into something else.

She couldn't tell what,"Focus on the fight!" Elizabeth hissed at herself,"[Icy Pikes]!" Elizabeth took a short glance at the emperor, her thoughts and feelings all hidden under that forsaken mask,"Tsk. I'll show you!"

"Come on...Come on..." Nikolas muttered to himself,"One shot...If you get this right...Just a bit more...! Keep it up! [Deathly Sickle]!" Nikolas roared, charging for Elizabeth as he skilfully dodged the pikes rising from he ground.

Elizabeth twisted and panted heavily, the sickle coming down like a guillotine as she dodged to the side, rolling on the floor.

"He's an elite of this school. What do you expect, Cyrnos?" The emperor's mocking voice came over, causing Elizabeth nearly lose her cool.

"No...She's just mocking me to see...It's all...A test! [Wintry Grace]!" Elizabeth cried out, a cold mist growing from her as her speed increased exponentially, dodging with grace as she landed strike after strike.

Yet, Nikolas didn't seem to go down.

Even more infuriating was the fact that he seemed more fixated on the constant mana stream than anything else.

"Focus...On the fight! [Falling Ice]!" Elizabeth screamed, spears made from condensed ice slammed loudly into the floor.

With careful footwork, Nikolas panted as he avoided Elizabeth and the spears, fearful for his life,"Tch...Who is this person? No matter...It'll be over soon!"

Elliot grinned madly under her mask,"It's about time."

"There!" Nikolas laughed manically,"[Smokescreen]!"

Elizabeth panicked, swishing around as she awaited an attack.

Yet, nothing came.

Suddenly, she heard a thundering cry.

"[Paladin's Justice]! GOOOO!"

Elliot breathed out, smoke emerging from the holes for her nose,"[Modded: Illusions of Time]."

Elizabeth crossed her arms and expected something strike her as the smoke cleared.

Yet before her, two people stood before the emperor, blood dripping an enormous hole in her stomach,"H-how?..." Elliot staggered.

Heather panted heavily,"I...I yes!"

Nikolas grinned madly,"We did it! The king is-"

"You...You won't get away with this!" Elliot fell to her knees, coughing, her back moving up and down rapidly.

Elizabeth went pale,"T-teacher?..."

"Elisia...Turns out is not much." Heather grinned,"This is for taking Alphonse." Heather raised her sword when she saw something strange.

Elliot stopped coughing and stood up, dusting off her pants.

Waving the spell away, the hole gradually lessened until the blood disappeared from sight,"Was that what you wanted to happen?"

Blood drained from Heather's face,"Run! [Spee-"

"Not so fast. It's about time I crushed the remnants. I thought you'd think carefully before acting so rashly, Royal Arm of the King, Heather Smoake." A misty breath came from Elliot, the after effects of Elizabeth's magic still lingering.