An Ally

Dining Hall.

"Please, sit down sir." Katherine said politely to the masked stranger,"I sincerely apologise for that just now...They're...Not usually like this."

The four sat dejectedly at once side, shaking from her glare.

He sat down, his stare seemed to stare straight through her, as if he knew everything about her,"I-is there something on my face?" She asked worriedly.

"Huh? Oh! N-no. I-I'm just admiring the work of Override." Elliot said casually.

The polite demeanour froze.

The high elves were getting even more entranced, by the man who knew.

Katherine was in shock,"H-how do you know about him?!"

Elliot froze,"Huh? About who?"

"Master O-Override! Did you see him? Has he returned?!" Katherine shouted, flying into a frenzy as she appeared before Elliot.

Elliot didn't know what to respond.

The girl before her looked so fragile, she didn't know if Kat could bear the news.

Better a white lie, I guess.

Elliot sighed,"He's...He'll be away for a while. He's an old friend of mine. We've lost contact a while back though."

Katherine's face fell slightly as she forced a smile,"So he's not coming back anytime soon, huh?"

"Unfortunately so."

"H-how was he when you last saw him?" Katherine asked.

"He seemed fine. Maybe a cold or runny nose but fine." Elliot answered curtly.

Then again, everyone's fine until the nukes drop, so i'm technically not lying, right?

Katherine breathed a sigh of relief,"Oh thank Gaia. I can rest easy now that I know..."

"Anyway..." Elliot started, hoping to steer the conversation away from the current subject,"Why did you call me here?"

"Huh? I!...I just wanted to apologise for their behaviour..." Katherine answered.

"Ah...I see. Then I will go now."

"W-wait!" Katherine yelled.

How could she let such a man who knew of her master walk away?

If he and Override spoke on equal terms, it would mean he was on par with Override, maybe even more powerful.

Such an ally, it would be extremely beneficial to the kingdom especially with the dire straits the kingdom was in.

"Hm? Did you need something?"

"I...You and Master were friends?"

"Yeah. He's a good man. What about it?"

"Then...Please!" Katherine bowed.

Elliot stepped back,"Please stand up...It's discomforting for a lady to bow..."

"I...No we need your help! I'm willing to give myself up!"

Elliot sighed,"Calm down miss. Can you explain?"

Katherine sat down,"The humans...They're declaring us as heretics just because we believe in a different god. They're slaughtering every single elf they see...I've expended my forces just to hold them back. They're fighting as we speak...Please...Help us..."

Elliot was at a crossroad.

Could she be trusted?

She was Calix's main support, so she her loyalty was uncontested.

She would never betray a comrade.

"You want my assistance?" Elliot asked,"I do not do things for free, as per anyone else."

Katherine nodded,"I understand. Please be gentle."

Elliot's jaw dropped,"W-w-what?! What are you talking about?!"

"I-If I have to give my purity up for my country...I will..." Katherine whispered quietly.

Elliot banged her head on the table repeatedly,"Why. Does. Everyone. Want. To. Have. Sex. With. Me."

"S-sir?!"

Elliot lost her will to retort,"I don't want your virginity. Please stop undressing yourself."

Katherine was quiet for a moment before blushing furiously.

She was so used to men wanting her that she forgot that some people truly did not have lewd thoughts about her.

After she calmed down, she asked,"What do you require then...?"

Elliot propped her head up and stared ar Katherine,"I want the elves under my wing. Let the kingdom of Gaia become a vassal to my kingdom and I will guarantee no human will harm an elf publicly without being executed."

"Your ambition...Only makes us want you more..." The four were practically drooling.

"And keep those four away from me." Elliot hastily added.

Katherine didn't know how to respond,"That's..."

"Relax, I have no intentions of harming your city. Your opinion on the changes made to this city will be second to mine. You will still be a ruler and not a puppet. I only intend to protect the children of Override." Elliot sounded extremely grand, like a king of sorts.

When I reveal my face, I won't seem as scary I guess.

Ease the blow.

Katherine was tearing up slightly,"Y-you really want to protect master's legacy?..."

Elliot nodded,"It is all."

She turned to the high elves for confirmation, they nodded vigorously.

"Then...Please! I accept!" Katherine said.

"Right...Persicus!"

Aye, master.

Persicus burst from the mask, scaring Katherine and the high elves.

"An archangel?! I thought your kind couldn't exist on this plain?!" One of the high elves shouted.

"Hmph. I am no normal archangel. I am a High Archangel. I am the loyal servant of Master Elliot Angels. If you want the assistance of master..." A contract formed.

Katherine produced a small dagger and made a nick on her perfect skin, a few drops of red falling onto the paper.

"It is done."

Katherine felt her soul bind to Elliot.

She had two masters now.

Elliot nodded,"Alright. I can see that you're trustworthy. So my first order...You four. Go out."

The high elves sulked while reluctantly walking out.

"What you see now, you will not say to anyone or hint of." Elliot warned.

Katherine nodded,"Yes, master."

Elliot removed her mask.

Katherine's eyes widened.

She immediately recognised her face.

"Y-y-you're that demon from centuries ago! B-buh-buh-but you were killed by that corrupted hero! I saw it with my own eyes!" Katherine shouted.

"My subjects managed to revive me though many of my friends didn't make it." Elliot replied, her voice normal again.

Katherine knew of the tales spun by storytellers worldwide, they spoke of a demon who aspired towards the light and of a hero who turned corrupt.

She couldn't believe it.

The girl sitting before her was an absolute legendary figure, their war's aftershocks still reverberating extremely clearly in parts of the world.

And she had just bonded herself to her.