The Girl

"How could I have!?..." Elliot screamed into her pillow, face a crimson red.

"Ugh. I'm the worst." Elliot sat up, staring out the window,"I can't use magic huh?"

She sighed,"I'll need to learn new moves then. An old dog can learn new tricks, right?"

There was a place where she could go to learn.

The Adventurer's Guild.

The slogan of the guild was 'Out to the Unknown! What you will find, nobody knows!'

They advocated for adventuring the unknown, not taking safe requests such as guarding people or goods or going in the vicinity.

"I could try..." Elliot whispered to herself, already internally trying to figure out how swordplay worked.

"I've studied up on so many techniques for the game...Now it's just a matter of putting it in action. Nn." Elliot changed out of her nightdress and into her casual wear.

"I don't think I'll need the mask this time." Elliot stored the mask away as she put on the silver bell as a bracelet.

——————

Bherealia.

Adventurer's Guild.

"Hello, miss! How can I help you today?" The receptionist asked warmly.

"I...I would like to register."

The receptionist's eyes narrowed in worry,"You know...You're a pretty girl, why do this kind of job? It's basically a death sentence for children."

"I...Want to...Have...No choice..." Elliot lied through her teeth.

Wow.

Such smooth acting Elliot.

Shut up me.

The receptionist showed pity,"Alright dearie, I'll help you get everything sorted out. If you ever need help, just ask for me. I'm Tessa." She sighed,"A word of advice, seeing as you're one of the few people who have rationality in this shit show, avoid the big kingdom nearby."

"Big kingdom?" Elliot asked.

"The new kingdom that appeared of out nowhere. We sent a few ruby adventurers and only one made it back with heavy wounds saying two jet black dragons had nearly killed them with a single strike." Tessa shivered.

Elliot nodded.

————

"Hey! James, we're heading out!" Tom yelled.

James had his eyes fixated on the girl that had walked in, enchanting eyes, raven black hair all covered by a hood.

Had it not been that he had accidentally bumped into her, he would have never noticed.

She was talking to the receptionist that seemed kinder than usual.

"Oi. James!" Tom hollered,"Hurry it up! The group's waiting outside!"

James shook his head,"I'm out for today."

"Huh? Feeling unwell?" Tom asked, concerned.

"Nah. Got errands to run." James stood up.