Chapter 17

The second week at the mansion started out fine for everyone in the huge building. Xanxus had decided to come up to the main rooms every once in a while, but fortunately not enough for the group of young Vongola to be on edge every waking moment of the day.

Tsuna knew that during this second week he should at least start looking for Verde. He had the most resources ever at his beck and call. It would only make sense that he used them to his advantage.

However, no matter who he used or what, he couldn't seem to find Verde. It made no god-damned sense. How could on scientist hide from the Vongola? Tsuna was growing steadily more and more upset as the week progressed. He couldn't find the one man who could possibly help him and his brother sleep in different places.

If you asked around, the maids and butlers who have just met the teen would tell you not to go near him, but his guardians knew better. Tsuna was one of those people who bottles up his emotions. If you don't ask him what's wrong, then he won't tell you. He'll seemingly be alright up until he snaps from the pressure or frustration.

Unfortunately, this was something that could be called a common occurrence for their family. None of them were good with emotions, but Tsuna was the worst out of them all. Tsuna felt the need to keep himself pieced together perfectly in order for everyone else to feel happy or calm, but it always had the opposite effect.

Whenever Tsuna got like this, it stressed out his friends more. They start to worry about his health, but also his mind. Kyoya had the worst of it from knowing Tsuna for so many years, while also being his boyfriend for most of those same years. They had to put Tsuna back on track as best as possible.

They would pull him out of his room or the computer lab just to get his mind off of Verde, even if only for a few minutes. It helped keep Tsuna calm each day. As the week progressed, Tsuna got frustrated for hours on end before being pulled out of the room he was in to hang out with his family or be told to go to sleep.

This continued off and on until they started getting ready to leave for Japan again. Tsuna relaxed the entire day before they left, packing slowly. He knew that there were other ways he could try to get in touch with Verde, but this was one of the most surefire ways to do it, and he just wanted to get together with man sooner rather than later.

The day they had to leave, they woke up before the sun. They didn't want to be late for their plane, and they wanted to be back in Japan soon. Tsuna and Ieyasu we're starting to feel homesick, and Kyoya was getting antsy about the rules of Namimori Middle being held up properly.

They said quick, small goodbyes to the staff before saying their goodbyes to Iemitsu, Nonno and the rest of ninth generation. They left in another limo, black and sleek, with the Vongola crest on the front of the hood of the car. The inside was just as beautiful as the other ones they had been in before and during their stay in Italy.

They arrived at the Vongola airport within the hour at board the plane, or rather, jet that they were going to take back home. Tsuna thanked the staff quietly, but firmly as he boarded the plane after his guardians. He sat in the back next to Kyoya again and held his hand as they waited for the plane to take off. The rest of his guardians we're seated in the seats directly around him.

After the plane was stable Reborn stood on one of the empty seats in front of them and started speaking. "As you guys must know, Xancus believes he should be first in line for the Vongola rings, but because Nonno and Iemitsu have disagreed on who the rings go to there will be a traditional battle that will be held a few weeks after we land in Japan," Reborn explained.

"The ring battle will confirm who is the better suitor for each ring, but ultimately it is up to the sky to fight for his family at the end. The stronger sky will be chosen as the tenth generation boss after Nonno has retired. Since the battles are set to be soon after we land we will be training starting the next day. I have asked some of the Arcobalenos to help out with your training so that you can be ready by the time you fight," he finished, hoping off of the back of the seat while the teens sat in shock trying to process what they had just been told.