Chapter 24

"Tsuna-nii, where are we?" Fuuta.

"Tsuna-nii, are we there yet?" I-Pin.

"Tsuna-nii, how much longer?" Lambo.

Tsuna sighed for the umpteenth time, "We're almost there. I promise. Five more minutes. As soon as we're done here we can go show Mamma around the house," Tsuna glared, the familiarity of the forest he was in dredging up old repressed memories. Tsuna turned around and picked up Lambo before asking Takeshi and Ryohei to pick up the other two kids.

Just as Tsuna said, five minutes later they were coming upon a building. Lambo felt Tsuna tense as they arrived and looked over towards Takeshi, silently telling him to use his flames to calm Tsuna down.

Takeshi activated his flames and placed a light hand on Tsuna's shoulder. Tsuna looked over at him gratefully before taking a deep breath and leading them into the building.

"Tsuna-nii, what is this place?" Ieyasu asked as Tsuna lead them deeper into the building. Tsuna was silent, and didn't reply to any questions as they reached a set of stairs that led down to what seemed to be a basement.

"This . . .  is where I was held for those two years. The Estraneo base where I killed every scientist to escape," Tsuna said not looking at anyone.

"What? Why are we here then?" Ieyasu asked quietly. Every sound they made bounced off the empty walls of the fucked up mansion. They had passed many cells on the way to the basement, and could still see the dried blood stains from ten years ago when Tsuna escaped.

Tsuna glanced over at Ieyasu before focusing back on the hallway in front of them. He still hadn't told them exactly why they were here, but he had a feeling Kyoya knew and the Ieyasu was figuring it out. He saw the big doors at the end of the hall, and finally set Lambo down, instead holding his hand, Takeshi and Ryohei following his lead.

He opened the door and put his hands in the air when he found a gun pointed at his head. Of course Verde would have surveillance cameras in this abandoned building.

"Stand down, guys. There's no immediate danger right now. Let me talk to him," Tsuna said making the group of teens put their weapons away or relax their stance.

"Who are you, and why are you here?" A male voice echoed off the walls in the giant room.

"Oh, I remember this room. You cleaned it up nicely, haven't you?" Tsuna said agitating the man.

"You didn't answer my question, who are you and why are you here?" They asked again pressing the pistol harder into Tsuna's forehead.

"Ah, sorry. You're right. My name is Sawada Tsunayoshi, but you should just call me Tsuna," Tsuna said slowly raising his hand and moving the gun, gripping the barrel and pointing it towards the ground.

"Sawada . . . Sawada . . . ?" They mumbled, eyes hidden by the glint of light on their glasses.

"Ah, yes. Sawada Iemitsu, Vongola's CEDEF leader. Not a very good one if I do say so myself, and I do. Anyways," They started, pushing up their glasses on his face. "What does the Vongola need with me?"

"Well, Verde, I'm not here on behalf of the Vongola. I'm here for myself. I have a problem that you might be interested in," Tsuna replied casually as he strode around the room taking a seat on one of the few uncluttered desks.

Kyoya and Hayato followed him, standing at his left and right respectively. Takeshi and Ryohei stayed with the kids and Ieyasu while Mukuro and Chrome carefully watched Verde from the shadows.

"And what might that be? I'll have you know, I don't do just some simple scientific or medical research. What do you have that you think I haven't seen before?" He asked skeptically, hopping up onto the table across from Tsuna.