A New Beginning

I know this is late, but here's the order you should read this series:
1. My Story About the Game
2. The Collab (The Pursuit of Happiness)*
3. One More Time
4. Only Time Will Tell
5. The Sky's on Fire

*Go to @SpadesWatermelonV2 to find the collab.

I hope you enjoy the reconstructed series! 
——————————————————-
PART ONE

Hello there. My name is Noah Whitfield, and I'm going to tell you a story that won't really make a lot of sense.

Yes, I know. Cheesy. What a hell of a start, but since you're here, you might as well want to read it to the end.

Ahem, sorry.

I'm just a guy with a pretty messed-up family. My biological dad has never been a huge part of my life and left a long time ago with my brother, Jayson. My mother is a workaholic and leaves me to fend for the house by myself. I go to a school that I don't really fancy that much because I'm a loner with very few friends.

Jacob, however, is the only friend that I can truly trust. He's been there for me throughout pretty much everything.

My phone suddenly vibrated as I was scrolling on my computer. I looked at it, and it was the guy that I was just thinking about earlier.

"Hello?"

"Hey man, what's going on?" Jacob asked.

I leaned back in the chair. "Nothing much, just considering downloading the game you were talking about earlier at lunch."

He chuckled. "About time. I was hoping you would do it. I promise you won't regret it."

A distant roll of thunder gently shook the house. I chuckled as I got out of the chair to look out the window. "I probably won't, but we'll just see where it goes."

The sky was an ominous green color with puffy clouds that looked like they were ready to explode with rain. I frowned, not expecting that it was going to rain. Suddenly, a loud crack shook the entire house, causing my heart to skip a beat and my body to jump with sudden fear.

After I calmed down, I noticed that Jacob had gone silent. "Jacob? Are you there?"

I looked at the phone, and our call disconnected. I found that strange but quickly called him back. He answered in the span of a few seconds.

"Why'd you hang up? he asked.

"I didn't," I said with a slight chuckle. "Did you not hear the thunder?"

"What thunder?"

I looked back out of the window, and it seemed that the sudden storm was intensifying by the second. "Look for yourself, man."

I could hear the sounds of him getting out of bed. After some time, his tone had noticeably changed. "I see what you're talking about now, but I haven't heard any thunder."

Another loud crack of thunder shook the house even more, causing the call to disconnect a second time. The power went out along with it.

"Jacob?" I asked with no response.

I looked at the phone, and the service had completely gone out. I shook my head in confusion. "That's strange."

Then a bright light captured my attention, and it was coming from the computer. I walked back over to it, and the same screen was on as before. I stared at it, confused beyond recognition.