david

Xavier

"We've fixed the dent. We did a checkup and found some brake dust in the drum of your wheels which caused the noisy brakes. We have scrubbed it off the alloy wheels-", I motioned for Dom to help. He turned the ignition on and drove down the drive before coming to a stop. "- also we found your tyres to be unevenly worn out. You may not have noticed when driving that your car's tyres are unevenly worn, but because they have a reduced grip on the road, we rotated and aligned them better to avoid it," I added, crouching down to show the beetle's improvements to Rose.

She smiled from ear to ear, nodding in understanding. "It looks brand new!" she cheered. Once Dom got out of her car, he placed the keys in Rose's hands. I noticed his eyes soften when she shot him a smile that could only be described as flirtatious. The moment ended as soon as I opened my mouth. "Well, we waxed and polished it for pick up. And the dent wasn't too hard to smoothen out." I explained, pointing at the boot of her car.

"Thanks, Dominic. I need you to scan the papers on my desk and send them to Cher please," I told Eric's replacement.

We didn't fire him. His ex-girlfriend had gone over to his house to pick up her stuff and he had judged and lectured her on her driving. I think it's just in his nature to be so irritating. Anyhow, she took a bat to his leg, screaming "You can't fucking drive either cunt! At least, not anymore." He fractured both of his lower leg bones. He promised to not charge her once she threatened to hit the windshield of his prized 1980 Buick. So, we hired Dominic for the time being. He was doing a better job than Eric. Anyone would.

"Thank you, really appreciate it, especially the discount for being friends with Jaida," Rose waved at me and walked out of the garage.

I hadn't heard from Jaida in a while.

I rushed to catch up with the blonde trotting off to her car. "Rose, speaking of Jaida. Where is she? She hasn't replied to my messages. Not that she ever does anyway but she hasn't opened any of them. Is she sick?"

"Crimson, Maroon, Scarlet and Burgundy, kid," she replied absently while getting inside her beetle.

What the fuck? Those are shades of red. 

I gave her a look of 'the fuck are you on?' I shook my head. "I'm sorry, what?" I asked in pure confusion.

"She's shedding the lining of her uterus and releasing an egg from her fucking ovaries. Making her bleed so uncontrollably through the flaps of her red vagina whilst ruining the underwear we pay for every other fucking month. Why? So we can fuck again knowing we missed the call of pregnancy last time. Is that clear enough for you? Because I've got more important things to do," she described the menstruation cycle, almost angrily. 

"R-r-right so, she's okay?" I asked for confirmation, twiddling my thumbs between my hands. She sure knows how to make things awkward.

"Xavier, I've been working every day of this week, all fucking day. I have a dick appointment to get ready for, so can you let me enjoy the one fucking thing that's still wild and fun in my adulthood? If you're worried, go check on her, yourself," she said. I'm pretty sure her eye twitched with every swear word she threw at me. I could feel my face flaming to a beet red from her mouth's lack of filter. 

I muttered a sure. She nodded in relief, started her car and drove off. 

She's fucking weird.

"DOM!" 

"Yeah boss?" he replied from the office door.

"Look after the shop, I've got to go see a friend," I said grabbing my keys of the plaque on the wall.