coming

a/n: it's 2:17 am. sorry it took so damn long! 

Xavier

I smiled as Jaida let out an exasperated sigh and looped her fingers around my extended hand.

"Where are you taking me?"

I shook my head and lead her out of the bedroom door. Grabbing the door ledge, she tried tugging her hand out of my firm grip and whined. "I'm serious, Xavier!" She shot me a glare that I knew all too well. It was the same glare I received when I woke her up at four in the morning with- that's right- my bomb dick. She got over her frustration fairly quick once I bomb-boinked her.

I realised all too late that I was grinning like a lunatic and like the scorned woman that I woke up, Jaida slapped my arm as hard as she could. Real fucking hard. 

I let go of her arm to caress my bruised arm and ego, shooting her a glare of my own. "You're crazy!" I tried to yell but it came out as more of a dying moan when she flexed forward. Like the bitch that I am, I raised my hands up in the international sign of surrender. "Fine, fine! I have something to show you. It's in your backyard," I said watching her face morph into a small smile.

I might be a bitch, but I'm definitely her bitch.

Jaida tilted her head to a side letting her curls fall around her face. "What is it?" She asked, slowly approaching me with her hand out. She rubbed my arm and joined our hands together again.

"I-cook-mmpf-ed-breakfast-for-mmpf-you," I knew my face was colouring into a beet red as soon as the corners of her lips lifted into a smirk.

"You're going to have to say that a little clearer," the teasing smile on her face made it clear that she understood the words that I barfed out.

I pushed a hank of my hair off my forehead- something Cher told me had become a nervous habit of mine since I dropped Calista when she was a baby- and gestured to the back door. "I made us a picnic in your backyard," I explained clearer.

She smiled.

I smiled back at her just as widely.

"There better be a goon bag waiting outside," she demanded and tugged my hand towards the door.

"It's 9 am in the morning, how could you possibly want to drink a goon bag?" I asked not bothering to hide my laughter at her peculiar morning craving.

"The Bible says to 'give drink to those who are thirsty and feed the hungry', so don't question my timing," she waved her index finger at me and I felt like a student who got told off.

"What about whiskey?" I asked with a hint of a smile on my face. 

She stopped in her tracks and turned to face me, damn near attacking me with her hair. I blew her hair out of my face just in time to see the look of disgust on her face as she shook her head no.

"What if I whisk-ey-you away?" 

Scowling, she pushed my hand away and unlocked the back door.

"Bloody mary?"

"Gin and tonic?"

"Beer for my beer girl?"

That got her to turn her attention back to me for a split second but it's all I could possibly ask for because the full-blown smile she gave me was enough to weaken me down to my knees. 

She's everything. She knew I knew, she knew it. How could she not?

I reached from around her and grabbed the doorknob, opening the door for her. Grabbing her hand, I lead her out to her picket fenced backyard where a platter of freshly cooked food was spread on a blanket I grabbed out of the linen cupboard.