newlyweds

a/n: hey guys, im so keen for y'all to read this. sorry, i went AWOL but you know you love me (xoxo gossip girl). so tell me what's happening in your life right now, im sure i've missed some tea spillage.

Jaida

"Her heart beat's slow and faint, we need to get to the hospital fast."

The whole scene seemed out of a fairytale.

The minute we'd stepped out of the car, we were greeted with a crowd of people gathered both inside and outside the old Cathedral. Walking up the steps to the entrance, Xavier held my hand as we pushed through the sea of people. We'd gotten to our seats unscathed and without notice.

"Sarah Alvarez weds Mike Halliwell"

The wedding program brochures were red with notes of gold matching the save-the-date invitations received. Each page outlined with cursive drawings along the headlines of the program stating the timings of the wedding celebrations.

The Cathedral's stained glass windows shone the natural light on the white and gold roses decorating the seats down the aisle. A red velvet carpet outlined the aisle to harmonize the theme colours. The guests dressed accordingly in suits and bold coloured dresses. The room bustled with vibrant colours among the decorations and the guests. The proud groom and his men stood in black suits with gold boutonnieres as we all turned to watch the loving look on the bride's face as she graced herself down towards her awaiting husband-to-be. She had a glow befitting of a bride, matching the beauty of her simple and elegant, white lacy spaghetti-strapped dress. As she ascended the stairs and stood beside my ecstatic cousin, I noticed the subtle glances of pure happiness and love between them.

"Do you take Sarah as your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

"Yeah, fuck it. I do," Mike shrugged earning a round of laughter across the room and a glare from his wife.

"And Sarah, do you take Mike as your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

Silence filled the room for a few seconds before Sarah's gleeful giggle filled the church.

"Fucking oath, I do!"

"Then I hereby pronounce-"

Mike's arms wrapped around her waist and the couple shared their first kiss as newlyweds. The church erupted in cheers and as their kiss got more passionate and humorous, we all cheered even louder.

Smiling at the beautiful couple on the altar, I turned to face Xavier to find his eyes already on me.

He winked and mouthed, "I like you".

"Please wake up, I'm s-sorry, so sorry. You can't leave me, I-I love you," I could hear his shaky voice as I fell limp against his strong arms.

I love you too.

I smiled and winked back.

In the corner of my eye, I caught a pair of eyes watching me. A pair of brown eyes similar to mine. I quickly turned back to face the celebrating newlyweds at the altar.

"He did this, didn't he? I'm s-s-so sorr- this is all my f-fault". I wanted to shake my head and respond but I couldn't.

I feel hands wrap around mine and nearly jump out of my skin.

"Coming?"

I looked up to Xavier standing among the others in our row of seats, preparing to exit the church. I nodded and wiggled my hand from his grasp.

"I'll go find out where the reception is held," he whisper-yelled over the noise within the room.

"Yeah, I'll wait out front," I watched Calista follow closely behind him.

I grabbed my clutch from the silk covered chair and as I twirled around I came face-to-face with him.

"Hello, darling sweet cousin," he smirked.

The familiar smell of Axe hit my senses and I felt bile threatening to rise up my system.

He had aged with most of the features on his face much changed from when I was younger. With his facial hair, he was almost unrecognisable.

Almost.

As people walked past us to the exit, I combined all the strength I could muster and forced a smile. His eyes pinched as he studied my face and took in my appearance with a sly smile. He bared his teeth as his grin grew wider and I couldn't hold it any longer, I felt my fingers slipping and loosen its hold on my clutch.

"Beautiful suit," he exclaimed with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I drew a long, unstable breath and rubbed my bare arms to warm the goosebumps that rose on my skin.

"Breath sweetheart, I need you to keep breathing," he choked, "please."

"So, how's your time away from family been, Jaida?" He looks down at his feet briefly before raising his head to look at me with a psychotic twinkle in his eyes. He takes a step towards me and I consider stepping back but with people walking behind me, I'm trapped in the same spot. So instead I lean my head back and pull my arms to my sides.

"Cat got your tongue?" he huffed.

He raises his hand to cup my face and I wince inwardly, closing my eyes to wish he would go away.

I let myself get lost in the fear I felt when I was younger. The emotions come running through and as much as I tried not to, my eyes started welling up with unshed tears.

"Sir, you'll have to wait out there. The doctors are going to look after her".

"JAIDA" I feel the wind knocked out of me as firm arms wrap around my shoulders in a fierce and familiar embrace. It took a minute for me to upon my eyes but as I do, I release a relieved breath and return Mike's wide smile. "I'm a married man now!"

"C-congratulations Mike", I forcefully bare my teeth in a grin, "the wedding was beautiful!"

"I can't believe it. I'm married!" He announces happily with his arms still clinging on to my sides but my body trembles as I feel another set of arms wrap around from behind.

"Yes, you definitely are, mate, give us a hug," Mike chirped welcoming a sense of fear to set in my body.

"We're all very happy to see you be the first of us to tie the knot. Aren't we, Jaida?"

His cool voice runs shivers down my body as he remains in his position behind me, closing in on my shaky frame.

"You okay, doll?" Mike asked, oblivious to my state. "You look tired, is it tiring being single?" he laughed.

"No, I'm fine," I lie through my teeth. "Congratulations again Mikey, I can't wait to meet Sarah at the reception. I'll see you there," I say excusing myself.

"You can join us in our limo, you'll meet Sarah!"

I smiled at his excitement. "Are you sure?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yes, of course. You can fill in Jim and me about your life now. We Halliwell cousins gotta have a little reunion," he urged. "Come on Jaida!"

"Yes Jaida, please join us," his voice catches me off guard as I hear him inching closer towards me.

"No!"

Mike looks at me concerned and I can feel my throat clog up. "I've got two plus ones with me and we've got a car parked out front" I say and smile reassuringly to Mike. Avoiding Jim's eye contact, I turn to walk away.

"We'll see you at the reception anyways, Jaida".