Chapter 2: The closet

River's POV

SHIT SHIT SHIT. I run down the halls, ditching Rylan and his goons the moment they spot me.

I turn down a corridor and check around the corner to see if they follow me. Most certainly they are following my scent. Someone grabs my arm and I look back as Im being lead by Jonas.

We jog down the corridor. He stops at janitors office and we hide in it.

I get pushed back into the door while he cages me against it, listening to the hallways outside. Wow he has really nice skin and his eyes are so getnle and...

He looks down at me. Oops, got caught. I look away, hugging my bag to my chest.

" Oh little omega, where di you go~?" Rylan calls.

Shivers run up my spine. My body tenses as he gets closer but Im more worried of Jonas, unlike me he cant get away from him at home so if we are caught he is screwed.

" I dont think he is here, " A vaguely familiar voice says.

" Right, we'll find him later then, or maybe the little pig, " He says.

My heart sinks at his nickname for Leo. Leo isn't thick, in fact he is fair skinny, unlike me, he just eats alot.

I hear them leave and release a breath I didn't know I was holding. Relieved, I rest my head back on the door.

Jonas also exhales in relief, hanging his head. He smiles, shaking his head.

" That bastard sure is something else," He says.

I cant help but smile, he reminds me of mature person. So far he hasn't cursed once in front of the group and he says thing my Dad says, he must be an only child or something.

He shifts and looks at me, our faces sorta close. He nibbles his full bottm lip.

I smile, gently patting his head. He smiles happily, crinkling his nose cutely at the praise. I wonder what he was like as a kid. I wish I could've seen, he probably was really cute.

" Thank you, " I say quietly incase if they are still out there.

His smile turns to a grin, he looks at the door then me.

" I think it's safe to leave now, " He says.

I nod, turning my back to him and openning the door. I crack it open and check the suroundings before leaving the closet.

He falls out and I close the door behind him. We creep down the hallway then walk naturally to the lunch room.

The crew greets us with questions of where we were. Jonas happily explains while I take my korean BBQ beef and noodles out of my bag that dad made last night.

I take the chopsticks out of my back pocket and pick up a piece. Jonas eyeballs my food so I put my hand under it and put the piece of meat wrapped in noodles in front of his mouth.

He takes the piece and chews it contently.

" Mom," Someone says.

John and I look up, " Yea?" We say in sync.

Deshawn, midbite of his hamburger, nearly chokes. Leo smiles at us with his mischievious grin. Isaias simply shakes his head while Kayden smirks.

" Quick question, Jonas, how old are you?" John asks.

Jonad swallows, wiping his mouth with his thumb, " I turn eighteen on the first of next month. "

I choke on my food.