Chapter 6: Repercussions

Jonas's POV

I watch River as he naps in class beside me. Leo watches him as well, a large purple bruise on his forehead from him tripping and smacking head first into a locker according to Isaias. I frown, glancing at it. I have a feeling that it wasn't him tripping because I know he's clumsy but he never falls.

River shifts, waking himself up. He looks around confused for a second then sighs and runs his hand through his newly dyed hair. He messaged me all last night while he was bleaching and toning it, whatever toning means. Now he has light brown hair.

He bites into his full, pink bottom lip, slightly glossy from his chapstick. He coughs lightly but not enough to be a concern.

I look away, better distract myself before he gets embarrassed for me watching him, shy little cutie.

Ms. Daisy passes us then stop behind River. He tenses up looking at his untouched classwork. She shakes her head.

" I expected more Mr.Dalla, come in after school and see me, " She says then walks away.

River groan, " Dammit."

Leo giggles, " Sucks to be you."

River glares at him then stretches and regains his normal cool. Though he seems like a cool and composed person his walls fall alot around me. Especially when I capture him in my arms or flirt with him in general, he gets flustered.

I bite my lip, scanning him. He glances at me so our eyes meet, I refuse to retreat. His eyes study me then return to his work.

I cant help but smirk, keep playing cool baby, I'll be sure to make you flustered later.

The bell rings, signaling me and Leo to pack our bags. The class packs their backs and leave. I stand and look at River while Leo packs his bag.

" Can you come over to my place once you're done? I need help with my english essay, " I say, pocketing my hand.

He looks up at me then out the window, " Sure, hopefully his won't take too long."

I nod," Well see you later."

" Bye River, " Leo says and we walk out.

We walk side by side on our phones. Leo looks up and squeals.

" Kayden!" He says, leaving my side.

I look up my phone as Leo jumps onto Kayden who has his back to us. Leo pulls out his earbud and kisses his ear. I furrow my brow.

" Since when did you two start dating?" I ask.

Leo tenses," Um since yesterday."

I chuckle, " You two make a cute couple."

They relax. We walk together after Leo gets down from the strangly thin alpha. Leo plays on his phone while Kayden talks with him about a cat he found on the street.

We split up at Dugger Road. Kayden is probably hanging out with Leo. I walk home quickly.

My heart pounds the moment I see my big brothers car in the driveway. FUUUCCCKKKKK. I stop and stare at the house, my little jackass of a neice is probably here too......

Hesitantly I walk to the door and open it. I slip in, quietly closing it and begin my spy mission of retreating my room. One corner later I find myself face to face with Jazmin. Fuck my life.....

She squeals and hugs me, " Hi Jonas!"

I strain a smile and pet her head, " Hi Jazmin."

She squeezes. I look up at the ceiling, why?