Chapter 20: New Life Start

River
The last five months have been a little crazy. We knew my due date was soon but that soon was unexpected. Basically we rushed to my doctor five months ago as I was going into labor and now I have my first child, a happy, healthy baby boy. We are kind of unsure as to what we are during and worry about everything. Especially A baby boy who is strangely quiet. We went and saw Dr. Rose and he said Aiden was a healthy little boy but I can't help but worry.

Aiden clings to me as I walk into the kitchen. Jonas is out working so I'm all alone with my little boy. Aiden grips at my shirt, feeling the fabric. His big blue eyes stare at it in wonder as he kneads on my shoulder. I fill myself a plastic cup with water and walk out to the living room.

A letter sits on the ground by the front door, catching my attention. I kiss Aiden's raven haired head and set him down on his play mat. He plays with the jiggling ball above his head as I retrieve the letter.

To River J Dalla-Vanos

There's no from address, just a stamp. I open the yellowish envelope. A folded white paper sits inside. I unfold it to neat, cursive writing.

Dear River,

I wish I could meet you again my precious boy. I am so proud of what you've become to no help of my own. I hope for you to have many children and live a happy life with your partner. He is a lucky man and quite well bred , it's is rare for people like us to snatch up a nice alpha. I myself wasn't so lucky and in turn handed you off. I regret that decision everyday of my life. I wish I could be in your life but if I was, I feel I would destroy it. There are things that I had to do to survive. Things that you would be ashamed of. It has taken all my courage to write you this.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of my work I have done things that's are unbearable and have directed your mate's life and his family. I wasn't told who I was attacking and now I regret that, now knowing who it was. The woman I work for is very unforgiving and if I hadn't done what I did she would've killed me in turn. I never discussed your existence with her so thankfully she doesn't know of you or your son.
I feel I owe to you to tell you this. I was the one who attacked your partner and his father. I regret to the bottom of my heart knowing that I have affected you and the one you love. By the time you read this, I will have turned my self in and most likely be executed.
I will always love you and I am proud to be the mother of such an amazing young man. Bring me many grand babies.

You will always be in my heart,
Theresa J Dalla, Mom

The front door opens and I drop the letter. Jonas walk in, happily humming. He hangs up his coat and takes off his shoes before walking in. His eyes meet mine and change moods to confusion.

" Baby, are you alright?" He asks.

I squat down and pick up the letter, " Yeah, I'm fine, just a little jumpy."

" Ah Ok," He smiles then walks to Aiden who is busy playing with his feet, " What's the letter?"

I pick it up, " It's from my grandfather, he's congratulating us on our new addition."

" He's a sweet man," Jonas says, picking up Aiden.

Aiden coos in his arms, playing with the buttons on Jonas's shirt. Jonas brings him up to his face and showers him with kisses. Aiden squeals happily, squirming in Jonas's arms.

Jonas looks at me, " Have you fed him?"

I shake my head. Jonas smiles excitedly, walking to with kitchen with Aiden. Jonas for some reason loves feeding little Aiden. He is a good boy though, and Aiden is too. I pick up the letter and fold it up, I should hide this somewhere and dispose of it later. I follow them into the kitchen and lean against the wall with my arms crossed.

Jonas makes a fake airplane sound as he moves around a spoonful of carrots. Aiden watches it tentatively, waiting for it to land in his mouth. His little hands stay closed as he waits.

Jazmin is pregnant again, she and I have been getting along quite well. She's been trying to coax me to try for another kid. I'm not sure if I wanna go through the pain again but it's worth it.

I'd do anything for my family, anything.

Jonas

River looks tired, no, exhausted. I feel guilty working so much but he keeps reassuring me that it's fine. I wish I could stay here all day, he'd probably kill me if I did that though. I smile, leaning back into the couch as River sleeps on my shoulder. Aiden wiggles in my lap on his back.

I look down at my ball of joy as he holds my finger. He touch's it and brings it to his mouth for inspection. I boop his nose, taking him by surprise. He opens his eyes wide, his mouth gagged in shock then grabs my finger and does it again to himself. I chuckle, as he lifts it back up and repeats the motion. He has gotten pretty far along for his age and has most motor control. The only thing he needs now is walking.

Aiden wiggles around and sits himself up then looks up at me. His eyes are so blue. I rubs my thumb over his small ears. He has his dads ears and my nose. My dad absolutely adores Aiden and with good reason.

Aiden coos as he looks around a little. He refocuses on my skirt and pulls at it. I lean down and kiss his head as he preoccupies himself with my clothing.

I think I am in heaven.