Chapter 18: Love birds

Rivers POV

I stare at it, the blue graduation cap in my hands. A small gold tassel hangs off it with the year in gold printed on the rim of the cap. The hat I wore merely hours ago to except my diploma. Jonas sits beside me, now changed in more comfortable clothing.

I glance at him then back down at the hat. His hand creeps to mine, taking it. He lifts it up to his mouth and kisses the back of it. Our eyes meet in a gentle gaze. The warmth of his hazel eyes reassure me. We'll be fine. As long as we are together we will be fine.

He break our gaze, looking out the window, " I found a job."

I set the hat beside me, casting it aside as I twist my body to face him. He looks at me a smiles warmly.

" They hired me on as the new junior high PE coach," He says happily.

" That's great!" I chirp, hugging him.

I squeeze while he gently hugs me, a small bump between us. We part and I look down at my stomach. I'm barely showing.

" If it's a girl what will we name her?" Jonas asks.

I think then sit forward, " Kyanna. What if it's a boy?"

" Aiden," Jonas says without hesitation.

I blink, hit with deja vu yet I'm not sure why. We lace our hands together. Thoughts seem to race through his head, I can tell he's nervous.

" what's wrong?" I ask.

He bites his lip then sighs, " Do you think I'll be a good father?"

I nod and laugh a little, weirdo, " Of course you will! "

He smiles, watching my fit of giggles. Before I can complete regain myself he leans in and kisses me.

Ding dong! Ding dong! Ding! ding! ding dong!

Jonas sits back and sighs, " I'm coming!"

He gets up, leaving me on the couch and walks to the door. He cracks it open. Leo bursts in and Kayden follows. The moment Leo's eyes lock with mine he squeals.

" WE DID IT!!!" He squeals, running up and hugging me.

We hug each other, I stand so we waddle back and forth. Jonas dotes by the door, panicking a little while Shawn and a very pregnant Jon walk in. Me and Leo split and I look at my friend and stressed out mate.

" Now all you have to do is grow up," I joke toward Leo.

" Wow nice place," Kayden murmurs.

" Thanks," Jonas says, casually strolling up to me.

Leo looks between them at my stomach. Jon gasps as covers his mouth.

" R-River are you... Pregnant?!" He says excitedly.

Deshawn gently hugs Jon from behind, watching us with a smile.

Shyly I nod.

" You two don't waste time," Kayden jokes.

We chuckle then look at Leo and Kayden. Kayden clears his throat and looks at Leo. Leo smiles shyly then steps forward.

" I'm pregnant too," He says.

I smile, " How long?"

" 7 weeks," Kayden says, taking Leo's hand.

" How long are you Rivs?" Jon ask.

I pocket my hands as Jonas tugs me close, "Barely 4 weeks."

" Oh wow so yours will be the youngest," Jon says softly.

" But if they take after their father, the strongest," Shawn jokes.

I smile, he isn't wrong. Jonas simply chuckles then kisses the side of my head.

Jonas's POV

O my Luna. I'm trying to stay cool but I'm freaking out. I look at my mate lying beside me in the dark, asleep and in his little dream land. Pride swells in my heart, my mate carrying my first born. Any alpha would be ecstatic, Shawn must be excited for their daughter Isabel to be born.

I hope our child looks like River, they'll have his blue eyes and brown hair with his cute nose. Maybe one of our pups will have freckles or green eyes. They'll be beautiful in my eyes though.

A small smile creeps onto my face. I'm excited to hold them in my arms for the first time, to welcome them home and kiss their cheeks. I want to watch them grow and learn. Hear them cry and laugh. Watch River smile in content and shower our child with love.