Chapter 19: Sickness

Jonas's POV

The sounds of spitting and hurling wakes me up. I sit up quickly and look at the empty space beside me. A soft sigh leaves my lips, I guess this is the normal time for morning sickness to occur.

Another coughing gag prods me to leave the bed and tend to my mate in our bathroom. Slowly I open up the door and peek in, the scent of throw up hitting me. I bite my lip as I walk in.

He looks up at me as I kneel beside him. His face looks pale and drained, his eyes tired. I grab my towel off the reach and stand, dampening it.

" Do you wanna see Dr. Rose now?" I ask.

He sighs as I wipe his mouth, " Tomorrow?"

I nod. He smiles a little. His smile drops and he latches back over the porcelain toilet.

----

Sleepily we walk hand in hand to the doctors room as the nurse leads us. She opens a gray door with a shiny gold 23 on it. We walk in and River sits on the bed while the beta nurse sets up at the desk. I sit in the red chair in the corner.

" How far along are you?" She asks.

" Six weeks," Riv yawns.

The nurse writes something down, "Have you had a ultrasound?"

River shakes his head. I stretch out a little as the lady smiles.

" Do you want to?" She asks.

River shakes his head, " No but maybe in four weeks?"

She nods in understanding, " So you can see the gender."

River nods.

" Have you been experiencing and morning sickness or strange cravings?" She asks.

River shifts, " Morning sickness."

The nurse nods and asks a few more questions before leaving.

River exchanges a tired glance with me. Someone knocks on the door then and small, gray hair omega walks in. He looks a River and smiles.

" I'm Dr. Rose," He says, shaking my hand then taking River's, " I assume this is your first child."

River blushes and nods, " Yeah..."

Dr. Rose chuckles, " It can be scary but it gets better the more you have. Having one is good to though."

He smiles then checks over River, asking him to lift and raise parts of his body. He checks his breathing then steps back.

" Healthy as a wolf. Are you allergic to any medications or ointments?"

River shakes his head, " Nope."

" Alright well I will put you on Diclegis."

Rivers POV

Jonas hums softly as he sets the crib up in the baby's room. My father in law smiles at me, holding my hand.

" I wish Evan could've met you, he would've loved you," Jonas's Dad says, a gentle smile on his face.

" I wish I could've met him," I mutter.

Jonas's Dad sits up straight and shushes me," What are you two naming the baby?"

Jonas stops humming, " If it's a girl then Kyanna and if it's a boy then Aiden."

Jonas looks at me and smiles. I smile back, he is cute all sweaty from working.

" Some how many grand babies will I have?"

" A-as many as It takes to have a girl," I say.

Jonas's Dad looks at us confused, " Why a girl?"

I smile, " I just want a baby girl."

Jonas's Dad smiles and stands, " You should eat, you're feeding two now."

I nod as he disappears.

Jonas looks at me then laughs, " I think he's more excited than we are."

I nod, " Just a bit."

We laugh and get up as pans start clashing noisily.