Chapter 12: New Year

Rivers POV

"I can't reach it!" I say pointing to the cake mix on the top shelf for the alpha I drug over to help me to see.

Jonas chuckles, grabbing it for me. He hands me it then returns to frying eggs at the stove. We got lucky this New Year. My dad left on a business trip so Jonas and I get the weekend together to view the fireworks and explore the street venders.

The oil makes a loud popping sound and Jonas hisses as he jumps from the pan. I giggle, brushing by him to turn on the oven.

" Told you cooking shirtless was a bad idea," I remark, returning to my bowl.

I open the box and then pour the mixture into a bowl. Carefully I mix in the other ingredients while Jonas yells from behind me. He clicks the stove off and retreats over to me.

" It attacked me," He whines.

I laugh," Shirts are wonderful things."

He gropes my ass making me jump," So is this but it's like a hundred times better."

I swat him away and he return to his situation. I pour the batter into a cake tin then deliver it to the stove, setting it for 40 minutes.

Jonas watches it then smiles and looks at me," Why try something?"

I cock an eyebrow but not anyways. He leaves the room. After rummaging in his bag in the living room he returns with a bottle of cherry wolfs bane. He holds it as if a prize then sets it on the counter.

" Have you ever had wolfs bane?" He asks.

I cross my arms, shaking my head," No my dad doesn't drink because he's a teacher so I never really got to try..."

" Ah," He remarks, grabbing two glasses down for the cupboard," My father would let me try it occasionally then after I turn fourteen my family gave me a cup every New Years."

I nod along, listening to him. He's 18 so I'm not surprised he took the liberty to buy alcohol. He pops open the bottle and pours it into the two medium cups, only filling them half way.

I uncross my arms, taking one as he hands it two me. I hold the cold cup up my to nose and sniff it. The strong scent of alcohol and sweet cherries hits me like a train. It reminds me of the cheap knock off cold medicine my dad would buy me as a kid.

Jonas leans against the counter and drinks his nonchalantly already done with half his glass. I tilt the cup to my mouth and sip it. The favor punches me in the face. It burns as it goes down making me turn away and cough severely.

Jonas chuckles and steps forward, rubbing my back," Take it easy."

I blush and try to down the drink.

Jonas watches me with a smirk.

Jonas's POV

I'm just finishing my drink when River tackles me and pins me down on the couch. He straddles me, peering down triumphantly. His cheeks dusted pink from the alcohol in his system. I naturally grip his hips then grind up into him making him cover his mouth and arch his back.

" Not fair," he whines.

I purr and grind again earning a shaky moan. His hands press into my chest but I continue non the less. Red creeps on his face. He lays onto my chest and rests his head on his hands.

Gently I rubs his sides as the alcohol runs through him. He surprised me by downing the whole cup. His back rises and falls in my vision. I look at him, his eyes closed as he naps. I run my fingers through his hair.

One day we'll be mated and following that we'll hopefully have our own pups. A smile creeps on my face. I hope they get his eyes.

----

River groans beside me, waking me up. He presses his face into my chest.

" It'a so bright," He complains.

I chuckle," It's not that bright. I think you have a hangover."

He grumbles and pulls the blue knit blanket off the back of the couch to cover his head," Don't talk so loud...."

I smile and shift him to sitting on the couch while I get up," Ok I'm sorry."

" You're still too loud," He grunts.

I leave him and walk into the kitchen. The cake he made sits half eaten on the counter. I reach by it and grab his cup. I fill it with water and return to him.

He peaks out from the blanket and takes it, "Thank you..."

I sit beside him as he downs the glass.

" I'm never doing the again."