Chapter 3: Thumb sucker

Jonas's POV

I bite my lip, running my hand through my damp hair as River sits in my lap. He had no where to sit so now...

I scan his neck, the only thing I can see other then that is his beanie. He squirms and I lean forward, looking over his shoulder as he writes his essay outline. His previous handwriting now slightly messier as he pulls his ideas out of thin air.

I wrap my arms around his waist and rest my head on his shoulder, observing. John sits across from us, reading a book while Leo rests his head on John's thigh while he sits on the floor playing on his phone.

River sighs in disregression, sitting back into me. I stare at the paper, the clear bullets of what goes where.

" I think Im done for today, " he says.

He gets up and I instantly pout, missing his warmth. Leo and I stand, grabbing our bags. John feels around for his, too deep in the book to look up.

River packs his bag then smiles at Leo, "Tell them to meet at the south entrance of the park."

I watch the omegas disguss something then walk to the exit. I follow behind as they talk about something new, well at least Leo and John do. River slows and walks beside me, taking my shirt as he texts and walks.

Leo looks back at us then continues talking to John about heats. River stumbles slightly but continues holding my shirt, tugging it.

He finishes and looks back up," It's supposed to rain."

" Then we can play in it, " I say cheerily.

River's POV

I stare at the bright and seemingly outgoing alpha. His smile fades the moment we come into veiw of a rather unsettling scene.

Rylan straddles with his fist raised, a bruised Kayden with a forming black eye under him. His friend Josh and Lorean hold back Deshawn who has a busted lip and bruised cheek. Isaias lies on the ground, huddled in pain as he holds his face. Their bags are opened and strewn about.

Jonas growls, dropping his bag and running. He rips Rylan up and tosses him. Rylan lands on the ground a couple feet away, sliding in the dirt.

" What the fuck!" Rylan yells.

Gavin grabs Jonas's shoulder as if telling him, move and your down. Rylan stands and smirks at Jonas. Jonas seems to fume shrugging off Gavin and chesting up to Rylan, shoving him back.

Rylan stumbles then gets in his face, " Wanna try that again kid?"

" You bet your ass I do, " Jonas growls, looking down at the shorter alpha.

Rylan brings his fist up to punch him but Jonas blocks him and slams his palm into his chest, forcing Rylan back on his ass. He glares up at Jonas.

" Don't fucking touch my friends you piece of shit, " Jonas growls.

Rylan looks at me giving me unwanted goosebumps. Jonas turn his back to him and walks over to me. I pick up his bag and hand it to him.

His warm hand grazes my cold one as we trade off the bag. He gazes at my hand then glares at Rylan. I wonder what it's like to be stepbrothers for them. This will probably come up at home.

Leo rushes over to Isaias, " Are you Ok?"

John runs to Deshawn and pries the alphas off his crippling mate. Shawn falls into John's arms and groans in pain. I wander to Kayden, now sitting upright against the fence.

He smiles at me," Come to check on me?"

I nod, " Im not gonna leave you here even if you are the moodiest guy ever. "