Chapter 9: Love Game

River's POV

I didn't know this bitch goes to our school, my mind growls as Jazmin parades through the halls beside Jonas. Naturally I want to hate her but she is Jonas's neice, I should respect his family no matter how bitchy they can be. Not they, SHE.

Someone jumps and hugs me from behind ignoring the existence of my bag.

" Ready for lunch~" Leo sings.

I can't help but smile. How could you blame me for being happy my bestfriend got together with the guy he has been crushing on since like seventh grade.

Kayden walks up and stops beside us, on his phone per usual. The man of Leo's dreams. The moody yet bubbly alpha and the happiest, sweetest omega I have ever met.

" Yep!" I sing back, just in time to avoid Jonas and his leech.

Jonas exchanges eye contact with me but I turn away from his happy gaze. For some reason I know that hurt him, I can feel it...

Leo, Kayden and I walk to the lunch room as a unit. Isaias pops up beside me as the couple walk ahead.

" So did you ever think when you were gonna tell your bestfriends you slept over at the hunky alpha's house?" He asks.

I glance at him then back at the couple with a straight face, " How do you know?"

He sighs, " That chick with the big tits and awesome ass was talking about how she told off a certain omega boy with blonde hair for being all over her man, Jonas."

I blink, " Wait her man?"

He nods. I almost gag for a moment. Wait they arent blood related but him with another... mmmm my stomach turned.

Isaias and I walk up behind Leo and Kayden in the short line fore pizza. They grab plates. Isaias offers me one but I turn it down.

" No thanks, " I mutter, looking around at the lunch room.

Isaias furrows his brow, " You're not eating?"

I look back at him, " Just not hungry."

He gives me a worried look then leaves it be. Quietly I stand with them as they buy their food. We walk to a table in the corner of lunch room and sit.

Leo and Kayden talk about th new art wall in the math hall while Isaias eats. My stomach grumbles.

A plate sets itself beside me. I blink and look at Jonas as he sits beside me.

" Hey, " He says softly.

My eyes trail to Jazmin as she sits beside him, her and her fake looking friend taking up where John and Deshawn sit.

" Hi, Uh I totally forgot I have to go study for a history test, um later, " I manage, rushing up and away from the table.

I push through the sea of lunch students and make my way to the hall. Today is gonna be a long day.

------

" I know you're avoiding me, " Jonas says, sitting beside me.

I want to hide under the desk, fuck.

" What do you mean?" I ask, fake innocent.

Leo sits across from us.

" Don't joke with me River, " Jonas growls, ovbiously annoyed.

I flinch, and look away.

" Yah Jonas, back the fuck off River dude, " Ajax says, reading our moods.