𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

Underneath the dim lights of Pop's parking lot, the unwanted daughter was seen with one of Riverdale's most feared men. Unaware of his complete identity, the girl let herself be brought to the nest of the Serpents.

+ + +

Nellie waited until F.P. was done with his shift. Awkwardly standing next to the door, she watched him put on a black leather jacket over his uniform. On the back, a double headed snake greeted her as he passed her on his way out.

The Serpents, that's what he had called himself. Nellie did not know what he meant with that but she figured she soon would.

Instead of heading towards one of the deserted cars parked on the parking lot, F.P. went straight to the single motorcycle. He held out his helmet to her as he started drying the leather seat.

"It's not so far from here. Just a couple minute drive." he informed her.

Nellie took the helmet and placed it carefully over her short black hair.

In a swift motion, F.P. straddled the machine, petting the seat behind him. With little hesitation, Nellie sat down behind him. At first she thought of holding the motorcycle on the side to keep her balance, but as soon as F.P. started the engine and went for the main road, her arms wrapped around his waist.

As the wind rushed over her, a sense of freedom filled her lungs. Even though, she had never been in more problems before, as they rushed through the woods, Nellie swore that she had left all her worries in the diner.

When F.P. slowed down, Nellie perked up to get a closer look at their destination. A sign welcomed her in Sunnyside Trailer Park, but to her nothing seemed sunny about the place.

Several trailers doomed up from the mist. A few of them were clearly abandoned with broken windows and doors barely hanging on their hinges. In most of them the lights were out, except for one.

F.P. parked his motorcycle near the staircase of that trailer.

Nellie descended quickly, her legs a little stiff from trying to hold her balance on the motorcycle.

After she handed F.P. the helmet back, he guided her up the stairs. "It's not the Pembrooke but it's home," he said as he pushed open the door.

A gush of heavy deodorant welcome Nellie as she set foot in the trailer. It was small indeed, but as Nellie looked around, she thought that it may have been bigger than her appartement in New York.

She walked further into the trailer, surprised to see someone sitting at the table, hunched over a worn laptop.

"Jug," F.P. called the boy who frowned when he noticed Nellie standing in the hallway. He immediately shoved his chair back, standing up as he shut his laptop.

"Who's that?" the boy said, sticking his chin towards Nellie.

"This is Miss Nellie Hearst. I offered her a place to stay for the night." F.P. explained.

"Miss Hearst, this is my son, Jughead."

Nellie approached the boy, still taking in his presence in the dimly lit trailer. It was now that she realized he was still wearing a dark gray hat although he was inside. She shook his extended hand.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Mr. Jones." Nellie returned to face F.P.

At her comment Jughead huffed but he said nothing as he grabbed his laptop and started making his way to the back of the trailer.

"Call me F.P.," Jughead's father said "No one has ever called me Mr. Jones and you shouldn't be the first one." he continued, smirking. He placed his hands on his hips, overlooking his living room.

Pushing away some dirty laundry and left over dishes, he cleared the couch. "It's not much," F.P. said but he swallowed his words as he stood up, his arms loaded with flannel shirts and dirty T-shirts.

"It's more than I could've hoped for," Nellie honestly replied, taking a seat on the couch. As she sat, a spring in the cushion creaked. Feeling the exhaustion of the day wear of on her, she had to fight to stay awake until F.P. had left the room after giving her one of his shirts to sleep in.

Tucked away under a scratchy blanket, it didn't take long for Nellie to get used to the sound of traffic passing by on the highway behind the trailer park. Soon, she dozed off to a much needed slumber.

+ + +

"What were you thinking?" Jughead hissed as soon as his father closed the door to his bedroom.

F.P. rose one eyebrow in surprise at his son's reaction.

"Do you even know who she is?" Jughead continued, unaware of the grim expression on his father's face.

"I do, for a fact." the latter said, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"I can't believe you've brought some girl with you. With everything we're going through!" Jughead tried to remain silent, aware that the walls of the trailer were the thinnest.

"Listen, Jug, Nellie is in need of help. She had nowhere else to stay. Did you want for me to abandon her on the streets?" F.P. replied, his eyes looking for his son's.

"Couldn't someone else take care of her? We have enough problems of our own." Jughead muttered, looking away from his father.

"And here I thought you wanted me to become a better man," F.P. huffed, shaking his head.

"I do, but not at the cost of us."

F.P. let out a sigh. "Listen, son. Nellie needs help and I am certain if we, the Serpents, are the ones to give her that help, we will be rewarded."

Jughead looked up in confusion. "What do you mean?"

The smug grin returned on F.P.'s features, "Maybe, Nellie is the solution to one of our problems, Juggy."

Without saying any more, F.P. left his son's room. Jughead sat down on the edge of his bed, running his hands quickly over his face.

Whatever his father was keeping from him at the moment, sure he would be made aware of the plan soon. At least he hoped so. Ever since he made that deal with Peabody, F.P. refused to get Jughead involved in any of the Serpents' business.

If Nellie was a part of it, Jughead hoped he would know soon enough.