𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

I let my worries go soon as you come through the door,

Thinking 'bout what it'd be like to be yours

- "Floating" by Alina Baraz ft. Khalid

+ + + +

"You've already picked a song?" Toni asked as she disappeared behind another row of clothing. Nellie squinted at the revealing pieces so different from her very basic underwear. Her finger traced over soft fabrics, tiny bows and lace flowers as she searched for something she would actually feel comfortable in.

"I have a few possibilities," she replied absentmindedly. The outfit she pulled out consisted of such a lack of fabric, her cheeks immediately flared red at the thought of wearing it in public.

"Hey," Toni turned around the corner, catching Nellie off guard. "You don't have to do this if you don't want to. No one's going to kick you out of Sweet Pea's trailer." The Serpent wore a kind smile. She gently grabbed Nellie's wrist as if to assure her.

"I know, but you've all been so incredibly welcoming to me," Nellie turned her head away from the lie she told. She couldn't confide to anyone that her reason to become part of the Southside Serpents was a mere matter of confidence gained from Jughead. A mere fixing of her position on the game board.

"I want to return your hospitality and loyalty."

Toni nodded, "Sweet Pea's going to be amazed."

"Just don't tell him," Nellie was quick to intervene. She didn't want him to know for she had the feeling he might stop her from going through with the Serpent dance. Jughead had it explained to her and Toni was as kind to accompany her to a ramshackle boutique on the Southside. It was filled to the brim with daring lingerie. Leather glistened in the pale afternoon sun, dozens of straps trapped one of the mannequins. The prices of these things were incredibly high, but the money Hiram had offered his daughter sat warmly tucked in the pocket of her jeans.

Nellie swallowed.

"I want it to be a surprise," she added, realising overdue that Toni was waiting for a reason not to tell her friend.

"So are you like a couple now?" Toni asked, faking disinterest as she pulled out another set of revealing black lace.

"I don't know," Nellie answered honestly. She didn't want to label whatever she and Sweet Pea had. Her father had called it "whoring out" but to her it was something else entirely. She just knew that when she was around Sweet Pea, she felt safe as if for once her father would have actual difficulties to break her. Around him, she could just be herself. Bruises and all.

"I just really like him," Nellie admitted, immediately scrunching her face at the leather monstrosity she pulled out.

"Isn't anything at this shop somewhat wearable?" she wondered out loud. Behind her, Toni let out a chuckle. "Most of the Serpent women got their Serpent dance attires here. There's something for anyone, you just have to find the right set."

An annoyed cashier looked up from her magazine to throw Nellie a disdainful look. She pulled out her gum, twisted it between her fingertips and tucked it back into her mouth before looking back at the magazine page.

Nellie turned around to face Toni, who was intriguingly observing some fishtail stockings and tule garters. "What do I actually have to expect from it? Like do I dance in front of F.P. or...?"

Toni giggled and swatted her idea out of the air. "You just dance on stage in the Whyte Wyrm. Everyone present will watch." At the idea, Nellie just froze. Dancing seductively on stage in front of a bunch of adult gang members, wasn't exactly on her bucket list.

"Don't worry, Nellie. It's a terrible tradition, I admit, but people survive. I did." She beamed with pride although when Nellie had asked her first, Toni had gone off about women's rights and misogyny of it all. "As long as you look the part, no one will bother. And Sweet Pea sure as hell won't let you stay long."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, if you're up there, wearing something like this," the tiny Serpent held out a fitted black lace body suit "He will want to take you back to his trailer in no time." Toni smirked knowingly, leaving little to the imagination of Sweet Pea's reaction to seeing Nellie on stage.

Nellie couldn't help but let out a nervous giggle. Finally seeing something she might actually consider to wear, Nellie let the velvet fabric run through her fingers. It would be simple and a little bit revealing, but she might be comfortable in it. Picking it up and leaving for the dressing room, Nellie wondered about the night ahead of her.

Hopefully, Toni would be right and Sweet Pea wouldn't mind.

+ + + +

Getting out of the bedroom, Nellie quickly ran a hand over the oversized black T-shirt to make sure everything was in place. Her legs were covered in pitch black stockings. Her black pumps were meant to finish the look. Feeling as if she was trying too hard, Nellie snatched one of Sweet Pea's flannels from the back of a chair and knotted it around her waist.

The tall Serpent lazily observed her from his spread out position on his bed, suddenly very interested. His eye hungrily roamed over her figure, not missing an inch. Her long legs disappearing under the chequered fabric of his shirt, caused his heart to miss a beat.

"What are you up to tonight?" he asked amused, not able to look away from her. Nellie turned around, smiling widely with nerves.

"I thought we should go to the Wyrm tonight. A little night out." she beamed, finishing the nod around her waist.

Sweet Pea pushed himself of the bed, towering next to her. His hand caressed her cheek and rested on the crook of her neck and shoulder.

"Aren't you looking a bit fancy for a place like that?" he said, a smirk dancing around his irresistible mouth. Nellie rose to the tips of her toes to quickly kiss him. "I just felt like it," she whispered against his lips sending shivers across his skin.

"Well, who am I to object to such reasoning?" He grinned, his hand suddenly slapping her bum before he went to the front door to pick up his leather jacket.

Smiling like a fool, Nellie followed, hoping as she darted of the stairs, that her return to the trailer would be equally joyous.