𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎-𝓈𝒾𝓍

In another trailer of Sunnyside Trailer Park, Jughead Jones was hunched over his computer. He was so absorbed in the text on the screen that he almost didn't register the subtle touch on his shoulder.

With a snap, he glanced up to see his girlfriend, Betty Cooper throw him a loving smile. "I was starting to think you'd fallen asleep with your eyes wide open," she said, accepting his invitation to sit on his lap.

Jughead took a deep breath, relishing in the feeling of her gentle touch as she ran her fingers at the back of his head, toying with his dark hair. Curious, she gazed at the page he was reading. An image of a golden dagger on a dark blue background greeted her.

"What's that?" she asked, turning on his lap to face the screen. "The Backdoors?"

Jughead hummed, letting his chin rest against Betty's shoulder. "Just something about Hiram Lodge," he muttered.

Betty turned to face him with a stern look. "How did you get on this page?". Instead of replying, Jughead opened his clutched fingers to reveal a pair of luxurious cuff links. "These are Kowalski's."

"And you think, Mr. Lodge is also part of The Backdoors?" her blue eyes returned to the bright screen. "A criminal organization, suspected to be responsible for a millions worth of scams and a series of murders - all of its own members." Her questioning look returned to Jughead.

He just shook his head in response. "It's useless information. We can prove Kowalski is a member because of his cuff links. But we have nothing against Lodge."

"How did you even get these cuff links?" Betty asked, tracing the metal.

Jughead looked away from his girlfriend. He knew she distrusted Nellie almost as much as he did.

"Nellie stole them from Kowalski." He replied matter of factly. Betty tensed on his lap.

"I still don't see why we trust her. She appears out of nowhere and just wants to take Mr. Lodge down." Betty murmured, toying with the cufflinks.

"I know but my dad insists we can use her," Jughead shook his head, exhaustion hanging over his head.

"You know..." Betty started, her gaze wandering off to the yellowed posters on the wall. "I asked Veronica about her."

At this revelation, Jughead straightened his back. He looked at his girlfriend as if seeing her for the first time. She kept on surprising him. He kept forgetting that behind her innocent exterior, a true, stubborn and dangerous detective hid.

"And?"

"Nothing," Betty admitted. "She'd never heard of the name Nellie Hearst before."

"Can we trust her if no one knows who she is?" Betty finally interjected.

"My dad trusts her," Jughead replied, shrugging. This entire affaire was complicated enough without Nellie.

"Is that enough?" Betty turned around to face her boyfriend. She cared for F.P. but she also knew that the man didn't always make the best decisions. After all, his right hand tried to get Jughead kicked out of the Serpents.

Her fingers traced the dark ink on his bicep at the thought.

"For now, it will have to do," Jughead muttered, leaning closer to kiss his girlfriend.