The Prologue

"You have been accepted to Yonsei University"  Was the first sentence I read before nothing but screams were heard. " I can't believe I actually got in" I squealed in happiness. " CASSIE SHUT THE FUCK UP " My mom yelled from her room. " SORRY" I Called back. See my plan is to tell my mom about this at the last minute because I know she'll never let me go, She wants me to go to a college close to her but I HATE Arkansas. Hell, I'm 18 she can't keep treating me like a baby.  Sooner or later she's going to see she can't control me.

      " CASSIE COME IN HERE AND CLEAN THIS KITCHEN" My mom yells. "OKAY" I answer.  "Welp looks like it's going to happen later" I whisper to myself walking to the kitchen.  As i'm washing the dishes my little sister comes in, " Mom wants you" she says, eating a banana. "Ugh what does she want now" I whisper. "Ooooo I'm telling mom that you're talking back" Leslie says trying to run but I trip her making her banana fall. " ha that's what you get you rat" I say running to my mom's room ( AN: i actually call my little sister a rat lol). when I walk in to my moms room I see my mom and her boyfriend watching television.

    " Did you want me" I asked " Yea we need to talk, Come in and shut the door" she says. I slowly shut the door a little concerned because my mom never EVER just wants to talk ( AN: hehe puns). "Sooo" I state awkwardly because it was still dead silent. "So me and Gerald were talking and you need to take more responsibly for your life, You're 18 and not even going to college. We don't want you out here being a hood rat. Get a job, A REAL job not that Babysitting crap, and you can't rely on your dad to send you money all the time" My mom rambles on.

  "Mom" I try to speak but she gets upset. "Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to you Cassie" She replies. " Can I please just say something" I ask rolling my eyes. "What?" she asks, I walk out to go to my room to get the acceptance letter, I guess Im going to have to show her today then. When I walk back in she starts yelling at me again because I walked out while she was "talking".  When I give her the paper she instantly stops talking. I just stand there quietly waiting for her to speak again. "Where is this?" She asks me, I mean is she dumb? Read the name of the college "Umm it's in South Korea" I answer prepared for her to start yelling "HELL, FUCK ,SHIT ASS NO THAT'S WAY TO FAR AWAY " She starts yelling. here we go... She starts telling me to take control and then gets mad when I do! What does this woman want. " Well I'm going, this college was my first choice and I got in, you should be happy for me" I respond

   "I would be happier if it was in Arkansas, Do you even have money for somewhere to live?" She asks "I'll ask my dad, and I have at least 1000 dollars saved up from my "Not real job of babysitting" I respond. " Don't get smart with me, and you're dad is not going to feed into your fantasies, You need to get your head out of the clouds" She yells. See the thing with my dad is he left my mom a while ago because she was holding him back, and now I totally get it. Looking at his life now I guess he did the right thing he owns all the 'Dillard's' Department stores (AN: My last name is actually Dillard lol) and since he feels bad for never being there he gives me anything I want, he actually paid for my Korean, Chinese, and Japanese classes.  "Mom I'm going to this college, This is my dream, this is me taking control of my life" I respond taking my acceptance letter and leaving the room. Ughh why must she be like this.

    As soon as I get in my room I call my dad  immediately." Hey dad" I sigh out of frustration "Hey, Cassie what's up?" He asks "Same as everyday mom is being difficult, I got into this college in South Korea and she won't let me go But she yells at me about being in charge of my life" I say into the phone "Yes I know how your mom is, but, South Korea that's sounds fun! And those classes you took can really pay off" He responds. "Yes I know right! I'm so excited I wanna go as soon as possible, Especially since I made mom mad I might have to stay over Paige's house until I can go." I respond. "Yes, that might be the best bet, Do you have any idea on where you're going to live while you're there?" He asks. "Well I was kinda hoping you can help me with that since you're the world's greatest father" I say in the most softest voice. He just sighs "I guess Cassie, But just promise me that you'll be careful out there and finish school" He says "I promise dad" I respond happily "okay I'll text you later with more information, love you" he says , "love you too, bye " I respond ending the conversation.

   Even though he left my mom I kind of look up to him for following his dreams. And as if she was summoned I hear my mom at the door. "Open this damn door Cassie!" She yells through the door.. When I open the door I'm greeted with a slap. "Don't talk to me like that again, and since you want to act grown, get the hell out of my house, today please" she says slamming the door behind her. I was going to leave anyway but that just made it a lot worse then planned so I texted Paige and told her I'd be there for a couple of days, and with that I packed my clothes and left that house ready to start my new life.