3 Smiles of Kang Daniel

DANIEL

"Pull yourself together! Everything will be alright!" I told myself for the nth time.

After introducing myself to everyone, it seems that everyone was shocked. Did Sungwoon hyung not tell them that I was visiting?

"Hey Daniel, this is Kai, I am-"

"From EXO!" I cut him suddenly and felt my face slowly heating up in embarassment, "I, erm, know every single one of you Sunbaenims."

A moment of silence recurred. Aish Daniel, get yourself together!

Sungwoon hyung coughed, "Daniel, don't you have something to give to Jaeoh?"

"Y-yea! That's right."

I walked over to Taemin sunbaenim's sister and handed over a basket of chicken essence, a get well soon card (which Jisung hyung insisted back at the dorm) and the bouquet of peonies with lavender to her, "Taemin sunbaenim's sister, I am really sorry over what happened in Japan. I hope you will forgive me for my actions."

Her expression was unreadable. Her big, brown doe eyes stared at me just like the moment she look into my eyes in Japan. Mysterious yet it radiated warmth.

I gluped while waiting for her respond. I was afraid that she is still angry with me for causing her injuries.

"Are you mad Jaeohie?" Timoteo (Moonkyu) Sunbaenim asked.

Taemin Sunbaenim's sister seems to snap out of her stares and stuttered, "I-i.. Oh, oh no worries. You can call me Jaeoh, everyone calls me that. And thank you for the flowers, they are my favorite."

I sighed in relieve. She smiled widely at me and gestured for me to have a seat.

She has a really cute smile, I thought. She has the smile of Taemin sunbaenim. I found myself making a mental note that she likes peonies and lavenders.

"Well now that that is all over, can we stop the awkwardness and begin? I AM STARVING!" Sungwoon hyung annouced and broke the atmosphere.

I chuckled at hyung's words. He really is the same no matter if he is with Wanna One members or with his close friends.

I mostly ate in silence while everyone else was talking. I noticed Ravi sunbaenim and Jimin sunbaenim staring from time to time. I tried smiling and avoiding their gaze when it becomes awkward.

Perhaps they noticed that I was silent, Taemin sunbaenim started asking me questions about how life has been so far since debut.

"Honestly it feels great. Although it gets tiring sometimes, I will continue to work hard. Thank you for asking Sunbaenim."

"Drop the sunbaenims, it is alright since it is just a personal gathering."

I nodded and smiled sheepishly. I am actually dining and talking with idols whom inspires me.

I heard Jaeoh giggled. When she does that her eyes turn into shapes of small crescent moon. She is definitely cute alright.

"Why are you giggling Sweetie?" Ravi  asked Jaeoh.

Sweetie? Is Jaeoh perhaps Ravi hyung's girlfriend? Ravi hyung is lucky to have such a cute girlfriend.

"Sweetie? Again? That is so not cool dude, stop calling my baby sister sweetie, she is definitely not your sweetie!" Taemin hyung exclaimed.

So Jaeoh is not his girlfriend. I feel myself smiled a little wider hearing that.

"Come on Taeminie, we love Jaeoh like she is our own little baby sister too. Surely I can call her sweetie too, right" Sungwoon hyung teased.