9 Ugly feelings

As Jaeoh opened the doors and step into the ballroom, she felt a little overwhelmed.

Even though it was a buffet setting, there were waiters dressed smartly, going around providing drinks and alcohol to the guests. There were even several crystal chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.

Jaeoh scanned the room for her oppas, but she could not seems to find them anywhere since the ballroom was huge. She started regretting rejecting Taemin's offer to wait for her while she went to the toilet.

There were quite a number of people scattered all around whom were all well dressed, walking or standing around the standing tables available all over the ballroom.

Jaeoh suddenly felt concious about how underdressed she is. She even contemplated if she should turn back now to return home and change or not even come back here again.

Just as she was contemplating her choices, a gentle voice spoke to her.

"Hi there, are you looking for someone? Whose family of Wanna One are you of? Maybe I can help."

Jaeoh looked up and recognize that pretty face from the videos of Wanna One that she have seen - Park Jihoon.

"Erm, I am not really any Wanna One's member's family," Jaeoh replied while admiring the pretty boy's features.

"Okay.. any particular member that you are here for? I will accompany you to look for him."

"Not really looking for any Wanna One members, but for my oppa."

Jihoon chuckled at the confusing girl whom have been staring at him without even blinking her big round eyes once, "are you in the right place? Cause this is a Wanna One's private event. You sure your oppa is here?"

Jaeoh nodded to confirm and looked down in embarassment when she realized she was staring.

"You are so cute, I almost wanna save you in my heart," Jihoon said as he noticed that Jaeoh tries to hide her embarassment, "how old are you?"

"I am 22 this year."

"I thought you were my age.. That means you are my noona," Jihoon bowed to introduce himself formally, "I am Wanna One's Park Jihoon. Can I accompany you along to look for your oppa here?"

Jaeoh agreed feeling grateful that Jihoon offered his help. She did not want to regret an offer again and that it may be better to have someone around than to look like a lost child in such a huge room.

"Guess we will start looking around for your oppa. Tell me when you caught sight of him!" Jihoon said brightly and went towards the back of Jaeoh and slightly push her gently forward.

At Daniel's standing tables, Daniel's mother has been touching her son's face nonstop, repeatedly saying how much she misses him.

Daniel was really happy to see his mother and former bboy friends coming all the way from Busan to attend this event. He misses her too much. She had even showed him new photos of their house cats, Rooney and Peter.

"Umma, thank you for coming. I miss you so much," Daniel said as he gave her a tight hug.

Daniel's bboy friends were catching up happily with Daniel up until one of them suddenly changed the topic, "That is the famous wink boy, Park Jihoon right? Who is that pretty girl beside him huh Daniel? Is she his girlfriend or something?"

Daniel followed his friends' line of sight and spotted Jihoon together with.. JAEOH? Underdressed as she is, Daniel still find her radiating natural beauty.

When did she came? Why is Jihoon with her? Why is she not with Taemin or Sungwoon hyung? Does she know Jihoon too? Million thoughts suddenly ran through Daniel's mind as he stared at them.