Chapter Two

Laurance's POV

"Welp-" I hop off Garroth's bed. "-I don't want to distract you from your adult responsibilities so I'll be hanging out in my room. Gotta get over this jet lag."

"Oh, yeah. Isn't FalconClaw a three hour difference?"

"Four hours," I correct, "so I'm probably not gonna get too much sleep tonight. Hooray."

He chuckles and I turn to the door, about to head out. Before I can, I hear Garroth tell me to wait a second. I turn back and see him walking over to me.

"What's up?" I ask. He hesitates, then pulls me in for a hug. I'm taken completely by surprise and don't react at first.

"I'm glad you're back, Laur," he tells me. "It's been way too long."

I relax and hug him back, a smile creeping onto my face.

"Yeah, I missed you, Gar."

"It's too boring around here without you."

I laugh: "Yeah right. I heard about what happened at Starlight. What the heck do you mean 'boring'?"

Now Garroth laughs and we release each other from the hug.

"Good point, but it would have been less stressful if you were actually there."

"Duh. I'm the funnest person on this street."

"I'm not even gonna argue with you on that."

"Of course not. You know it's true. I'm fabulous!" I throw my arms in the air as emphasis. Garroth laughs again.

"Now I might have some objections," he jokes and I gasp in mock offense.

"Garroth, how dare you? I thought you loved me."

"I've had two long years to get over that."

I try to make myself look sad, but I'm still smiling so I just look crazy. He smiles and throws an arm around my shoulders.

"You know you're still my best friend."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." I push his arm off. "I'll let you go back to your boring adult stuff while I go sulk in my room. See you later."

"You're ridiculous." He rolls his eyes at me.

"Look who's talking." I smile. "See ya, Gar."

"Bye, Laur."

I exit the room and shut his door behind me. Letting out a deep sigh, I lean against the closed door. The house doesn't seem to have changed at all since I was last here two years ago. Irene, two years ago? It literally feels like I just saw this place. Well, at least Zane isn't here right now. I guess that's different: the fact that he's actually out of the house for once. And he has a girlfriend. Kawaii~Chan of all people. This is one messed up world.

Stepping into my room and looking around, I notice that nothing's changed here either. Understandable, I guess. Why would Garroth or Zane come in here while I'm not here? I lean my pine green suitcase against the wall beside the door and walk over to the desk opposite it. There's a window right above it that shows a view of the house across from us. Aka, Aphmau and Aaron's place. Garroth will think this would bother me, but it really doesn't. Why would it? Despite popular belief, aka Garroth's belief, they weren't the reason I left. Well, they might have been at the time, but that belief went away about two years ago.