Chapter Thirty Four

Garroth's POV

My eyes pry themselves open from my eight hours of peaceful slumber to the feeling of Laurance's warmth beside me. I smile to myself and, reluctantly, sit up to wake myself up more. I glance at his face and heat rushes to my cheeks.

How can one man be this hot?

I just stare at him, not really caring about how creepy it might look. His chestnut brown hair tangles in messy strands in front of his closed eyelids, getting even more tangled the closer they get to the pillow behind him. My fingers absentmindedly play with the ends of his hair.

His head moves just a bit and I panic, thinking he's waking up, but he doesn't. I go back to messing with his hair.

His lips open slightly to let out a soft sigh. Even after they're already closed, I still remain to stare at them in longing.

It isn't until I catch myself leaning towards them that I decide to look away.

I shut my eyes tight, the urge to kiss him growing too strong too quick. I glance at him again and decide just to give him a quick peck on the cheek.

And I'm still amazed at how soft and smooth his skin is every time I kiss him.

He's so perfect...

Once I pull away, I notice the smile tugging at his lips. I sigh.

"You've been awake this whole time haven't you?" I ask, quietly, and the smile grows.

"Laurance..." I groan. A small chuckle leaves his lips.

One of his eyes open to reveal that breathtaking sky blue color which makes me lose all train of thought whenever I see it. He looks straight at me with that stupid, handsome smirk on his stupid, handsome face.

"Morning," he mumbles, still not fully awake yet. I pout.

"I hate you." He chuckles again.

"I know."

I roll my eyes and start to get out of bed when he grabs the hem of my shirt, keeping me in place. My cheeks flush and I glance back over.

"Stay here..." he says, face pressed into his pillow which makes his voice sound muffled.

"But we've got to get dressed," I tell him. "You know what we're doing today, right?"

"Not yet... Visiting hours aren't until one o'clock. Stay."

"Laurance-"

"Please, Gar?" He lifts his head up and gives me the best puppy eyes he can.

And dang it they're effective...

"Fine..." He grins as I get back under the covers with him. His arms wrap around me and pull me close to his body, my head in the crook of his neck.

"You're not gonna fall asleep again, are you?" I mumble into him.

"Not unless you do." He tightens his grip around me. I sigh again and just accept it, hugging him back and nuzzling into his skin. I feel him smile into my hair. My eyes drift shut.

And suddenly, there's a loud banging at the bedroom door.

"Wake up, gays! It's two-flipping-thirty! We're heading out in, like, fifteen minutes!"

I suddenly hate Cadenza.

"Cad, get lost!" Laurance shouts back at his sister, groggily, and there's an exasperated sigh from the other side of the door.

"Garroth, would you be a dear and get your idiot boyfriend out of bed?"

I flush red.

"C-Cadenza!" I shout in embarrassment, sitting up from my comfortable position against Laurance. She laughs.