Chapter Forty Two

Laurance's POV

"OH! Laurance!"

"Yeah?" I question, finishing up the last of my pancakes.

"I've been training ever since you left and I think I can finally beat you at Mario Kart!"

"Oh? Is that so?" I smirk. "Tell 'em how bad I beat you last time you talked smack about Mario Kart, Garroth."

Garroth's cheeks redden: "Y-Yeah... Laur's still the champion, Dante."

"I beg to differ!" He dramatically slams his hands against the table. "Our house. Ten minutes. Your reign of terror will meet its end, Laurance."

"Okay, you're on." I glance at Garroth. "You in, too?"

"Duh." He smiles. "Just because I didn't beat you last time doesn't mean I don't still wanna try."

"Fair, though you know you've never been good at the game."

"Hey, shut up!" His voice goes high-pitched and I snort. He swats me.

"I'm in, too." Travis grins. "I wanna see you shoved in the dirt."

"You guys are so violent." Aphmau giggles.

"Nah, just competitive."

"I just want to see the king fall!"

"Never!"

"You tell him, Dante!"

I see Garroth out of the corner of my eye just smiling at the scene before him and I know exactly what he's thinking.

Because I'm thinking it, too.

I missed this...

"Okay, who's doing the dishes?" Travis asks.

"Nose goes!" I'm first to put my finger against my nose. Everyone else follows suit, Aphmau ending up being last. We all start cracking up.

"Oh, come on! This isn't even my house!" She whines.

"You snooze, you lose." Travis shrugs, laughing.

"I'll help, Aph," Garroth tells her and they both stand. I pout up at him.

"You're leaving me?" I whine and he giggles.

"I'm literally two feet away." He smiles, running his fingers through my hair. "You'll live."

"Hmph!" I cross my arms. "Fine. Whatever."

"Aww~ Laurance just wants to be with his boyfriend. How sweet," Travis teases. I throw a napkin at him.

"You just can't be away from him, huh, Laurance?" Aphmau teases. I turn away.

"Hold on." Dante smirks. "Is Laurance blushing?"

My face feels sunburned: "W-What?! No! I-I'm not! That's stupid! You're stupid! Everyone here is stupid! Shut up! Leave me alone!"

Everyone starts laughing again as I attempt to hide my face in my shirt.

"Guys, leave him alone." Garroth takes his hand out of my hair, light pink dusting his cheeks. "Come on, Aph. I want this over with."

"Alright, fine. I'm coming." They both collect the dishes and place them at the sink. I hesitantly lower my shirt back down, assuming the blush has died down some.

"Well, that was fun while it lasted," Dante says and I just roll my eyes as a reply.

"So, Laurance-" I look at Travis. "-what actually convinced you to come back? I doubt it was Zane showing up at the door, wanting to rip your guts out."