Chapter Twenty Nine

Garroth's POV

*Riiing...riiing...riiing...*

My foot taps impatiently on the wooden floor as I wait for a certain brother to pick up the dang phone. It's still snowing out and the dog from yesterday, Taco, as we've decided to call him, is sleeping on the couch, curled up in a blanket to keep warm. I smile at the adorable pooch. (Thanks Aphmau_Senpai_X for the name!)

The phone line picks up.

"Hey, big bro!" Vylad chirps. "What's up? Need me to be the impartial party again?"

I take a breath: "N-Nope, not quite."

"You okay, G?" he questions. "You seem on edge."

"Uhh...k-kinda? I just...really need your advice right now."

"I mean, I'd be happy to, but you couldn't have gone to Laurance instead?"

Thump.

"This...isn't something I can talk to him about..."

"Woah. Can't talk to Laurance? This must be serious."

"Not...really... It's just..." I hesitate. "...kind of...a-about...Laurance...?"

His end goes quiet. I can imagine the gears in his head turning, trying to figure out what I'm talking about.

I hope he does because I sure don't.

"Oh my Irene..." he starts in almost a whisper. I can hear the smile in his voice.

"YOU'RE IN LOVE WITH LAURANCE!!! THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL DAY!"

My cheeks flush: "N-NO! That...that's not-! I-I mean...M-Maybe..? I..." I sigh. "...I don't know..."

"Awe, my big brother's having boy trouble? About time."

"Oh, shush."

"He isn't in the apartment right now, is he? 'Cuz if he is, please put me on speaker."

"Vylad..." I roll my eyes. "And no, Laurance is not here. I finally convinced him to get his hair cut."

He laughs: "Oh, poor Laurance. Being tortured by his future boyfriend. Shame."

"D-Don't say that!"

"Why not? You're obviously crushing hard on the guy and I totally approve, by the way."

"Fantastic. Vylad, you're not helping."

"What is there to help? You're in love with Laurance. Case closed. All that's left is to ask him out and-"

"Vylad!"

Taco opens an eye as I sit next to him on the couch. I scratch the pup's head with my free hand.

"You've never liked a guy before," Vylad realizes. "You're not sure how you feel, right?"

I frown slightly: "I-I guess so... I don't really know what to do right now."

"Well, if it's any consolation, I'm 100% positive he's crushing on you, too, so there's that."

"How can you be so sure of that?" I lean back against the couch cushions.

"...Just a hunch," he responds after a second.

"Yeah, well, hunches can be wrong."

"Not when they're from me. How many times have I steered you wrong, Gar?"