Chapter Thirty Seven

Garroth's POV

Taco comes scampering over to his bowl once I finish filling it with dog food. I put away the bag and flop down on the couch, bored.

Laurance had left a note this morning saying that he'd left to grab groceries, so I'm just alone. Bored. Missing him.

Face down against the couch, I pull out my phone and click onto Facebook. Yeah, I lost contact will all of my friends over text, but did Laur say anything about social media? Nope.

I scroll through posts and see an image of Aph and Aaron together, the caption reading, "Happy Valentines Day to the best fiancé in the world!"

Fiancé? Aren't they supposed to have had their wedding by now? Wonder what's taking them so long.

Another post from Travis shows a photo of Katelyn that was most likely taken without her noticing since she looks preoccupied by the television. The caption says, "Spending the day with my blueberry<3"

Man, Travis got a lot sweeter since he first moved in.

I glance at the comments, only to snort at one from Katelyn herself, reading, "You butt! I told you not to post pics of me! We're not getting tacos tonight anymore."

Travis: "BABY, WHY YOU GOTTA PLAY ME LIKE THIS?!"

Smile clear on my face, I roll my eyes and move on to other posts. Kawaii~Chan posting a pic of Zane. Zane posting something about KC. Aaron posting one of Aphmau. Dante posting a pic of him eating potato chips.

All in all, everyone seems to be doing fine and enjoying the day. They're all probably going out to eat tonight, spending the day with their loved ones...

...because it's Valentines Day... and a lot of my friends have dates... and I don't...

I'm not lonely. What are you talking about?

I drop my phone on the coffee table and sigh. Taco scurries over and jumps up on the couch in front of my face. I scratch him behind his ear when I hear rustling from behind the front door. Taco and I both perk up. He jumps off and races to the door, little tail wagging frantically.

The door squeaks open and Taco yelps playfully. I hear Laurance chuckle as the door shuts and my face warms. I bury my nose in the couch cushions.

"Hey, Garroth," he greets and I hear him set his grocery bags on the counter.

I pick my head up: "Hey, Laur. Get everything?"

"Yup."

Finally, I sit up and turn to look at his handsome face over by the kitchen. I can't stop the smile.

"You gonna help me put things away?"

"I guess..."

He chuckles again: "Alright, but stay there for a second. I got you something."

I quirk an eyebrow and he just smirks that way-too-hot smirk he does.

"Close your eyes~"

I do as he asks and wait for him to do whatever.

His footsteps draw close and butterflies begin to race in my stomach.

"Okay. Open 'em up."

I take a mental breath and open my eyes, only to immediately see a whole batch of blue and white orchids. My heart jumps in my chest and my face reddens instantly. The butterflies are going at super speed now.

"L-Laurance...?"

His smirk turns into a genuine smile.

"Well, I mean it is Valentines Day...and I didn't want to, like, feel alone or something."