Chapter Thirty One

Garroth's POV

Warm wind blows past as we stand at the edge of a cliff, facing the sunset. The colors red, orange, yellow, and a small hint of pink spread throughout the sky, looking like something that would only be seen on a painter's canvas. The darkness gives the few clouds above a purplish hue.

I glance at Laurance, a small smile tugging at the edges of his pink lips as he faces outwards. My heartbeat speeds up.

He looks so perfect...

"What are you thinking about, Laurance?"

His lips turn upwards to form a bigger grin.

"Nothing special. Just how beautiful the sky looks tonight."

"You're oddly positive tonight, huh?"

And he looks at me, those big, blue, beautiful eyes lock with mine. Warmth shoots through me like a bullet and I hold his gaze for an eternity.

"That's only 'cuz you're here with me."

I swear, he could tell me he'd killed a person and I'd still swoon at the sound of his voice.

Suddenly, he's right in front of me, his hand touching the side of my face, and I find myself unknowingly leaning into him. His warm breath hits my face, his other hand slipping securely around my waist, my arms resting loosely across the back of his neck.

And I want him to kiss me...

He smirks: "It's about time I finally committed to this..."

He lifts my face gently with his hand and I feel his breath only on my lips now. My own breathing stops as he pulls me in closer, his mouth barely touching mine. I shut my eyes and wait impatiently for the gap between us to close.

But it doesn't.

And my eyes shoot open, hand immediately flying to my mouth on impulse. That's when I feel his arms around me, his head against mine, and his relaxed heartbeat pumping beside my ear.

A harsh blush coats my cheeks as I carefully remove myself from his safe and comforting grip and sit up, staring at the sleeping dreamboa-- BOY! Sleeping boy next to me. His chest falling up and down in a rhythmic pattern, his messy hair laid flat against the pillow, and his lips...

"If I don't do this now, I won't commit to it later..."

I shake my head out of it and quickly zip from the room without a second thought. I gently close the door, not making a sound, and let out a small sigh of relief, leaning against it.

"Morning, loverboy."

I totally forgot about Cadenza and Caleb.

I jump in surprise: "GAH! Cadenza! H-Hey."

She raises an eyebrow. There's an empty bowl on the coffee table in front of her and she's on the couch, reading a book. I take a quick glance at the clock on the oven. 8:30.

"What's got you so jumpy this morning?" she inquires. I swallow down a lump in my throat and glance at the door behind me.

"N-Nothing!" Falling in love with your brother.

"Riiight." She shuts her book and stands, brushing off the red skirt she's wearing. She walks over to me and places a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Why don't I grab you a bowl of fruit and we sit down and have a little chat about our feelings, hm?"