Chapter Forty Five

Laurance's POV

It's been a month and a half. Knowing that, I wouldn't say anything's gotten better.

We'll, not with Garroth anyway.

He's out, like, every day; I only see him at night and in the morning.

Now, am I overreacting? Yes. Absolutely. But can you blame me? This is the boy I've been helplessly in love with since high school. I'm allowed to feel jealous!

Aphmau's basically been my personal therapist throughout this. She doesn't tease me or tell me to 'just get over it'. She's actually been pretty useful in helping me keep my sanity in check.

Currently, one chilling out in my room, on my bed, scrolling through random sites and social media. I really should be outside with everyone else since it's finally nice out, but I'm having a lazy day and really don't want to get up.

Understandable, right?

As I'm commenting on a random post from Dante, there's a knock at my cracked open door and Garroth sticks his head in. I look up from my laptop to stare at him.

"Yes?" I ask and that adorable smile twitches at his lips.

"Hey. I was wondering if you wanted to grab food in like..." He checks his phone. "...fifteen minutes?"

The butterflies make their presence known as they flutter around in my stomach. Irene, this boy...

"Yeah. Sounds good." I smile just imagining the two of us, finally alone, having dinner together.

Is this it? Do I finally get my Garroth back?

His crystal blue eyes brighten: "Awesome. I'll just let Lucinda and Kim know you're coming."

...And the hope I once had has disappeared.

"What?"

He blinks: "Oh. Did I forget to say that this was their idea? They wanted to know if you were coming."

"Oh..." I look away. "...Right."

"Laurance?" He steps more into the room so that he's no longer in the doorway. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just... Actually, I'm not super hungry right now," I lie. "I probably shouldn't go. Don't wanna make you waste money on food I'm not gonna eat."

"Oh, well, you can just come and not order anything?"

I shake my head: "Nah, I have... work to do that I've been putting off, so I should... do that..."

He's obviously not buying it.

"Alright-" He sits on the end of my bed. "-what's wrong, Laur?"

"Nothing." I pull my laptop closer to me. "I'm fine."

"No, you're not. I know when you're lying to me."

I keep my mouth shut.

"Laurance?"

...

"Laurance."

...

"Seriously, what is up with you lately? You've been acting so... different."

"I'm fine, Garroth," I mutter. "Just go do whatever."

I see him open his mouth to say something, but he shuts it again. I huff in frustration, keeping my gaze on my computer screen. He sighs softly and gets up from the bed, making his way back to the door and I feel the anger resurface.