Chapter Fifty

-Garroth's POV-
**A year later**

"Garroth!! Laurance!! Come on! Let's go! We're late!"

I roll my eyes at the wall, grab my jacket, and head out my bedroom door. Zane's eyes hold a fire of rage as he impatiently taps his foot at the bottom of the stairs.

"Don't get your skinny jeans in a twist!" Laurance calls back from his room. "There really isn't a time limit! We could arrive tomorrow and they wouldn't care!"

"I don't know how accurate that is. Tomorrow isn't their anniversary," I remark, unsure of whether or not Laurance heard me.

"Well, I promised Aph that we'd be the first to show up!"

"Who cares?!"

"Laurance, when you get down here, I'm gonna beat your—"

"Okay!" I cut him off, then turn to the stairs. "Laur, stop ticking off my baby brother and come down here! I know you're dressed!"

His head of messy brown hair pops out from above the staircase, a cheeky grin spread across his face. A smile tugs at my lips as I stare at him, still crazy about him even after dating for almost a year.

"Let's go already! We're already late!" Zane continues to tap his foot, irritated.

"We're coming, Zane." I motion to Laurance. He groans, but descends down the steps to join me at the door.

"You're so needy," he whines, sticking his tongue out at Zane.

"Whatever, now come on! We'll be the last ones there at this rate!" He turns and stomps out the door.

"Who even cares?!" Laurance calls after him.

"Laur."

"Yeah, I know." He sighs, then smiles at me. "You've done it, too; don't put all the blame on me."

"He's my brother. It's different," I defend with a grin. He rolls his eyes, exasperatedly.

"Pulling out the 'brother card' is an unfair move, Gar."

"Just walk, you slowpoke." I push him out the door, closing it behind me as he laughs. He slings an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to his side. I bite back a smile which he obviously notices, but decides not to mention.

We make our way across the street to Aphmau and Aaron's place. No one is quite sure why the whole street was invited when it's their anniversary today, but neither of them gave any sort of reasonable answer, so we all just went with it.

Instead of knocking, Laurance and I just let ourselves in without warning. We've been doing this for the past year, so Aph and Aaron don't really care at this point. They always kind of just expect it.

"Yo! Garroth, Laurance, and emo have arrived!" Laurance announces, dropping his arm from my shoulder as we head towards the already crowded living room.

"Hey, losers!" Aphmau calls from the kitchen. "I'm almost done with food, so make yourselves at home!"

"I'm making the food. You're just being a nuisance," Aaron remarks, causing a laugh from everyone in the room.

The rest of the street already seems to be here, along with some others who don't live here. Dante's third-wheeling Travis and Katelyn as the three of them decided to sit on the floor near the fireplace; Blaze is talking with Daniel, Rylan, and Dottie near the window outlooking the pool (we're gonna need to watch them around that window); Kim and Lucinda (who's awake for this reason alone) are chatting on the other side of the fireplace; and Kawaii~Chan is making her way towards us with a plate of three cupcakes.