Chapter 7

"Why did you let me stay at your house?" I blurted out halfway through the movie.

"Sorry what?" Valentino asked, pausing the movie.

"It's just after you saw me at the fight the first night instead of just telling me to leave you fixed my arm, and when I said my parents work late you offered to let me spend the night at your place. And then you bought me breakfast in the morning like who does that?" I explained.

"I guess you just intrigued me," he started. "Usually if someone stared at me as long as you did I wouldn't have been as nice, but when you stood up to me I guess I realized you were different. It takes a lot of guts to stand up to the guy who's known for pounding people into lockers and going out and getting high and drinking too much. I knew you had to have been through a lot of shit in order to stand up to me like that."

"So what you decided I was going to be your charity case?" I asked felling slightly offended.

"No not at all, it's just sometimes I get too curious for my own good. And when I met you I just felt like I had to know who you are," he quickly rushed out.

"So then in just a science experiment?" I questioned standing up. "Well fine I'll tell you what you want to know. I only have one friend, not because I can't make friends but because I'm terrified that people will find out my secret and my life will turn out worse than it already is so I would appreciate if you stop trying to find what I'm hiding and let me tell you if I think I'm ready."

With that I grabbed my things and left, it wasn't until I was outside that I realized I had no way of getting home.

Well looks like that dramatic speech was all for nothing, I angrily thought to myself.

After standing in the driveway for a couple minutes I finally decide to just walk home, I remembered the way and it wasn't that far.

After about ten minutes of walking I finally reached my house just as it became pitch black outside. I climbed the ladder back into my room and made sure the dresser was still in front of my door before I went into the closet to change.

I tossed Valentino's sweatshirt onto an empty chair and threw on a tank top and shorts before climbing into bed and staring at my ceiling till I fell asleep.

I spent the entirety of the next day locked in my room doing nothing but homework and reading.

My dad came to my door to yell a couple times but I just locked myself in the bathroom and tried to ignore it.

Once it started to get dark I took a shower and threw my hair and a messy bun before going to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to a silent house, I let out a sigh of relief when I realized my dad was at work already.

I let my hair out of its messy bun and changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt before pushing my dresser out of the way and making my way downstairs.

I pulled a stool out of the bathroom and dragged it to the kitchen so I could reach the highest cabinet above the fridge.

I pulled out my secret stash of food and took out an apple before putting it back and heading out to my car.

I parked in my usual spot next to Alyssa and was surprised to see she was waiting in her car for me.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked knocking on her window.

"Oh nothing I was just waiting to see if I could get a glimpse of Apple," she said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Don't worry about that anymore," I sighed. "We got into a fight and I really don't want to talk to him."

"So by fight do you mean you both were fighting or you just freaked out when he started asking questions and left?" She asked.

"The second one," I mumbled lowering my head in shame.

"Why don't you talk to him?" She asked.

"He probably doesn't want to talk, and besides we only knew each other for three days I doubt he'll miss me," I explained.

"Oh yes he will," Alyssa mumbled under her breath before getting out of the car.

As we stood at my locker I couldn't her but stare as Valentino walked down the hall with his two friends who I learned were Chase and Kaden. As he passed me our eyes locked for a little too long before he broke his gaze and continued down the halls.

"See," I pointed turning to Alyssa. "I told you he wouldn't care."

"I give him two days," Alyssa said before leaving me to go to her class.

I slammed my locker shut before walking to my first class.

The day went on like normal Valentino ignored me in all of the classes we shared and I couldn't care less.

For the rest of the week I would find myself sitting in my room staring at my phone that was open to Valentino's contact.

Eventually I let out a frustrated sigh and turned my phone off before going to bed.

It went on like this until Friday.

I walked into my first class only to find a disposable coffee cup sitting on my desk. I looked around the room only to find I was the first one there.

I slowly picked it up and realized it was filled with my favorite late, it even had a cute latte art design in the shape of a dog.

Despite the alarms going off in my head I took a sip of the drink and almost moaned when it hit my tongue. It was by far the best coffee I had ever had in my life.

I slowly turned the cup to realized whoever left it also wrote a note.

Fight tonight, 8 o'clock, I'll be waiting outside.