Chapter 18

Needless to say the show was amazing, and I was currently talking Tino's ear off about practically every little detail as we walked hand in hand.

"You do realize I was there right?" he chuckled.

"Well yea, but I just can't stop talking about it," I pouted.

Tino let out a sigh and motioned for me to keep talking.

After about thirty more minutes of walking I heard voices coming from the ally we were currently walking past.

"Yo man, look at that chick," once of the voices said.

"Woah, man look at that bod, I would so bang her," the other one replied.

I faltered at the second comment and looked over at Sage to see if he had heard them.

Oh he heard them alright.

His jaw was set and I could see the anger in his eyes as he listened.

"I know right!" the first voice agreed. "To bad that guy is with her."

"Maybe we should follow them and wait until he leaves," the second voice suggested.

At this I could tell Sage's anger couldn't be held in anymore.

He let go of my hand and stormed after the voices despite my attempts to pull him back over to me.

"Sage stop," I pleaded, hoping using his first name would snap him out of it.

"You guys really have to learn how to respect a lady," he growled.

"Whatever man," one of the men from the ally scoffed. "You know you're thinking the same thing."

I covered my mouth in shock at his statement, Sage had never even touched me inappropriately, let alone talk about me the way those two did.

At this I knew there was no tuning back for Sage, I watched in horror as he lifted his fist and slammed it into the mans face with a defining crack.

The other man backed away from Sage and inched toward me, looking like he could care less that his friend was being beaten to a pulp.

I was too shocked by Sage's sudden outburst that I didn't even notice until he grabbed me and started pulling me deeper into the ally.

"TINO!" I screamed, trying to wrestle my way out of the mans grip.

This seemed to grab his attention as he flung the man he was currently beating up to the side like he weighed nothing and started racing towards me.

As soon as he was within arms reach he yanked me out of the second mans arms and shoved me being him before he starting to beat the second man like he did the first.

This time I found my words and grabbed Sage's arm in an attempt to stop the fighting.

"Tino, stop this, you'll kill him," I said softly in an attempt to calm him down.

Maybe it was because my voice calmed him down, or maybe it was because he didn't want to hurt me, but he lowered his hand and turned to face me.

When I saw his eyes I couldn't help but gasp, they looked like my fathers; filled with anger, but unlike my father his eyes were also filled with regret. I knew then that he wasn't my father, but if he didn't get help to control his anger he very well could end up like him.

"L-lets just go," I told him finally finding my voice.

He just nodded and let me lead him out of the ally.

As we left I took the chance asses the damage caused by Tino. They were both a bloody mess, and the first mans nose was definitely broken and from what I could see the second man probably had broken ribs, bruised at best.

I tightened my grip on Tino's arm and eventually found my way back to the hotel without getting lost. Although it did help that Tino would occasionally mumble left or right if I looked like I was lost.

"Go get cleaned up," I sighed once we entered the room.

While he was in the bathroom I grabbed some clothes that were left laying on the bad which consisted of a t-shirt and shorts and laid down on the bed to wait for him.

When he came out he opted to sit on the edge of the bed waiting for me to say something.

"What happened back there," I asked him, moving so I was propped up next to him.

"I dunno," he mumbled. "It's just, they were disrespecting you, and I just felt like I needed to protect you, but instead I just scared you."

"You didn't scare me," I assured him. "I was just surprised.

"No, I could see it in your eyes, you were terrified. " he said, letting his head hang.

"Tino look at me," I demanded tilting his chin up so he could see my eyes. "I'm fine, that's because of you. Thank you for protecting me, but I don't think you're okay, I want to be able to help you the way you help me."

"I-I don't know how to control it... the anger. The only person other than my sister I've ever been able to control my anger with is you. It scares me, I don't know what I'm capable of. I knew I was stronger than most, but tonight, that was strength I didn't even know about." he explained, trying to hold back tears.

"It's okay to cry," I told him, opening up me arms to embrace him.

As soon as I had my arms wrapped around him I could feel his tears falling on my shoulder, but I didn't care. At that moment I saw the person he'd been trying to hide from for so long. He was still the street fighter I had been afraid of at the beginning of the year, but now he showed me a completely different side of him; a teenage boy who was afraid of his own strength and envied himself for it.

"I'm a monster," he sniffled.

"No," I argued. "You're not a monster, you are the most caring person I've ever met, I just think you've been so worried about others that you've forgotten to care for yourself."

"I don't think I know how to care for myself," he admitted.

"Don't worry, you helped me more than once, now it's my turn," I assured him, kissing the top of his head.