Chapter 16

"You're not buying this for me," I argued holding Sage's arm so he couldn't swipe his card.

"And who's gonna stop me," Sage smirked.

"Just let me pay," I whined.

"Fine," he said.

I gave him a quick smile and turned away so I could pull my card from my wallet, but when I turned around I found him swiping his card.

"Are you serious?!" I groaned shoving my card back in my purse.

"I can't let a pretty lady pay for her own dress," he said, making me blush.

"Well the pretty lady is perfectly capable of buying her own dress," I mumbled grabbing the bag with my dress and walking out of the store.

"Wait up," I heard Sage say behind me.

I turned around and grinned when I saw him trying to catch up to me and put his things back in his wallet at the same time.

"So what's next," he asked grabbing my hand.

"Well I need shoes, so if you're okay with it we can keep shopping around," I suggested. "And I'm buying my own stuff."

"Sounds good," he nodded. "But I can't promise anything about the buying your own stuff."

I let out a huff and dragged him into the shoe store across from the dress store.

"I will never understand why so many different type of shoes exist," Tino mumbled as we walked into the store.

"Well it helps to know what type of shoes you want," I joked walking down the isle with my shoe size.

After a little bit of browsing I finally found the perfect shoes to go with the dress. They were plain nude stilettos and complemented the dress perfectly.

"These are perfect," I grinned walking over to the cash register to pay for them.

"Can we get some food after this, I'm starving," Sage groaned, once again beating me to the card swiper.

"Whatever," I shrugged once again putting my card back as he payed. "But you're carrying my bags."

"I can live with that," he smirked taking my bags and grabbing my hand.

You're too sweet," I grinned allowing him to drag me over to the food court.

"I try," he shrugged.

We ended up eating subway, and of course he ended up paying, he said it was cause his family had ton of money they didn't need but that didn't make me feel any better about it.

"I have a job for a reason you know," I complained when we sat down to eat.

"Well so do I," he smirked.

"Whatever," I scoffed. "If you want to blow all your money fine by me," I said, turning my attention back to my sandwich.

"Seriously Bells," he said taking my hand. "I want to buy this stuff for you."

"I'm sure you say that to every girl you take shopping," I teased, trying to keep my smile from taking over my face.

"I never really liked taking girls shopping," he shrugged. "I guess it's better with someone you enjoy spending time with."

"Damn straight," I smirked.

"How can girls stand to buy so much clothes," Sage groaned as I dragged him to yet another store.

"It's a super power," I called over my shoulder.

"Well I have no doubt about that," I heard Sage mumble under his breath.