Chapter 15

The next morning I woke up to someone's hands in my hair.

I sighed in content and leaned back into whoever the hand belonged to.

"I see you're up," Sage whispered in my ear, lightly kissing my temple before getting off the bed.

I groaned in protest and grabbed his hand to pull him back into bed.

"Well someone's touchy today," Sage teased giving into my wishes and laying back on the bed.

"You were touchy first," I pointed out.

"Hmmm I guess," he hummed pulling me over so I was laying on his chest.

"You're warm," I pointed out, wrapping my hands around his neck and burying my face into his neck.

"You're cute when you're tired," he chuckled.

"Am I not cute when I'm wide awake?" I gasped, acting like I was offended.

"Depends on the day," he smirked.

"Okay no more cuddles for you," I said rolling off of him.

"Nooooo," he whined wrapping his arms around me so I couldn't move.

"You're so clingy," I whined pushing on his chest.

"Only cause you're warm," he said.

I let out a sigh and once again wrapped my arms around his neck.

"When are we gonna leave to go shopping?" I asked.

"You still wanna do that?" He asked.

"Yes?" I said looking at him like he was the dumbest creature on earth.

"Awe man I just wanted a lazy day," he sighed kissing the top of my head before letting go of me.

"Oh and I should probably tell you to buy something nice today, we're going to a show tomorrow."

"What kind of show?" I asked.

"The kind on Broadway," he said leaning on the bathroom counter and watching as I washed my face and put on my makeup.

"Are you serious?" I asked a wide grin spreading across my face.

"Why would I lie to you?" he questioned, his face mirroring my smile.

"I don't know, maybe you're hiding some secret girlfriend I don't know about," I joked.

"Oh come on why would I cheat on you?" he chuckled, walking out of the bathroom.

Even though I knew he was joking I couldn't help but wonder if our friendship could turn into something more. For one thing I was almost certain that if I hadn't yawned yesterday he would've kissed me, and I couldn't deny that it was getting harder and harder for me to deny the fact that my feelings for are to great to ignore.

But the fighting was something I couldn't ignore. Sure he was the sweetest thing around me and never made me feel scared to be around him, but I've seen the other side of him too. I see it every time he steps into that ring, and every time someone says or does something he doesn't like; anger. The type of anger that possessed my father when mom died. Its cold and unwavering and I've seen first hand how it can consume someone.

I quickly shook the thought away. Tino is not your father, I told myself as I braided my hair.

He was too sweet and kind to ever end up like him, he genuinely cared.

So did your father, the nagging voice in my head taunted.

"NO!" I yelled at the mirror, turning away and grasping my head in my hands.

"Are you okay?" Sage asked rushing to the door.

"I'm fine," I assured him, lifting my head up.

I'm going insane.

"I like that one," Valentino said when I stepped out of the dressing room.

I was wearing a simple white dress that had long lace sleeves and puffed out into a skirt below the waste. While it was beautiful on the shelf, now that I had it on It just didn't feel like me.

"I don't think so," I sighed, walking back into the dressing room.

"You're taking forever," he groaned.

"You're the one who said we would go shopping" I pointed out.

"I regret that now," he mumbled as I walked back out of the dressing room in my normal clothes.

I chose to ignore him and strolled through the store with Tino close behind me.

All the dresses were breathtakingly beautiful, but none of them screamed me. Not to mention the fact I felt extremely uncomfortable wearing a dress, the last time I wore one was for mom's funeral.

That's when something caught my eye. Sitting in the corner of the store right next to the shoes was a dress in my favorite shade of baby blue.

I quickly rushed over to it and went straight to the dressing room, not even checking to see if Sage followed.

I hurriedly put it on, careful not to rip anything and stepped out of the dressing room.

"Wow," I heard Sage mumble, looking up from his phone.

Wow was right, the dress was a pale shade of baby blue and had flower designs imprinted into the flow fabric. The sleeves were off the shoulder and fell across the dress almost like a short veil for my torso. Lastly the skirt came down to my mid thigh and flowed around me giving me an intense desire to twirl around.

"This is the one."