Chapter 8

After the school day ended rushed home so I would have time to change before I left for the fight club. When I got home I ran up the stairs as fast as I could so I wouldn't have to deal with my dad.

I quickly changed into the shorts I've been waiting to put on all day and kept the t-shirt I had on and made my way downstairs.

"And just wear have you been?" My dad slurred as I walked down the stairs.

"I was at school," I said slowly freezing in place.

"And where are you going now?" He asked slowly coming up the stairs.

"I have to go to work," I lied.

"No you don't, it's Friday," he said grabbing my hand and throwing me down the stairs.

"But you go ahead and go, I'll find out where you've been eventually," he said with a wave of his hand.

I got up and ran out of the house as fast as I could before he changed his mind.

When I got to the fight club I immediately noticed Valentino standing outside waiting for me.

"You came," he grinned as I approached him.

"Of course I came," I smiled back. "You asked me to."

"What happened to you?" He asked, that's when I realized I was covered in bruises from my fall down the stairs.

"Nothing," I said pushing past him to get inside.

"Here let me patch you up," he sighed when we got into the private room.

He grabbed the first aid kit and gently grabbed my wrist that I was now quite certain was broken.

"You really need to get this looked at," he said as he wrapped it. "It gets worse every time I see it."

"No I can't go to the doctor," I said starting to panic.

"Why?" He asked. "I know you don't want to tell me but you can trust me, if I kept my secret for this long I can keep yours too, maybe I can help you."

"Why should I trust you?" I asked going on the defense.

"Because this past week I had time to think, and I realized that I want to help you, not for charity or a science experiment but because you remind me of someone I used to know, and I couldn't help them but I can help you," he explained.

"Who was she?" I asked fighting to hold back tears.

"She was my best friend in freshman year, I was young and to stupid to realize how depressed she was. She shot herself over the summer that same year," he said his voice barely above a whisper.

"Oh my gosh Tino I'm so sorry," I said wrapping my arms around this torso.

"That's why I have the roman numerals on my knuckles, it's the day she was born and the day she died," he explained holding up his hands.

"That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard," I cooed.

"So does that mean..?" He questioned.

"I'll tell you everything," I said making his face light up. "But you have to promise not to tell anyone or interfere."

"I promise," he whispered.

Just as I was about to start the story his name was called.

"Shit I didn't even have time to tape my fists," he mumbled before disappearing into the ring.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the fight so I just lied on the couch and waited for him to return.

When he finally did he was a bloody mess.

"I won," he stated with a lop sided grin that made him look adorable even though he was covered in blood.

"Just get over here," I shook my head and pulled out the first aid kit.

"I guess while we're here I'll tell you the story," I sighed not missing the eager look on his face. "About two years ago my mom bought me my Jeep. It seemed like it would be the best day of my life considering the fact that I had been begging my mom for a car for a year. That night she went out to buy food to make my favorite meal... she was hit by a drunk driver and died on impact. My dad was a mess, I tried to help him as much as I could but despite my efforts he still turned to alcohol. At first it started with yelling, but eventually he got physical and starting hitting me and throwing me down stairs, stuff like that. One day when he came home he had a bit more than usual to drink, he thought I was mom and forced me to have sex with him, he's raped me twice, the second time I had a pregnancy scare, thank god the test came back negative, after that I learned a couple self defense moves so if he tries it again I can defend myself. He spends almost all his money on alcohol and I have to give him my paycheck in cash so he can buy more, I've managed to hide some from him so I can have at least something to move out with as soon as I graduate, but until then I'm stuck."

I was so focused with telling my story that I didn't even realize that he was now shaking with rage and looked like he was about to explode.

He ripped his hand out of my grasp and punched the wall next to him making me flinch, his gaze softened when he saw how scared I was.

"Why don't you go to the police?" He asked trying to keep himself calm.

"Because if I go to the police it'll be all over the news, everyone would see me as the girl who had sex with her father, even if it was against my will," I explained going back to fixing his hands.

"You may be right but you would be free from him," he said.

"I decided a long time ago that I wasn't going to go to the police about it," I told him. "And I don't plan on changing that."

"But you can't stay at your house, come stay at my place my parents will understand," he pleaded.

"I can't, he said if I ever move out he will come after me," I said holding back tears.

"Okay fine, but at least stay with me until your injuries have had time to recover," he begged.

"Okay," I agreed, he visibly relaxed and wrapped his arms tightly around me.

"Let's go get your things."

Do you guys like this story? Please let me know so I can decide if I'm going to continue with this.