Chapter 17

This was it, our last day in the city. Tino's parents wanted to meet me before they left for a business trip and Tino had to watch his sister while they were gone.

We spent most of the day just walking around the city and randomly deciding to go into small stores we thought looked interesting.

Now we were getting ready for what I'd been looking forward to all day, seeing a show on Broadway.

As soon as we got back to the hotel room I quickly changed into my dress and put on a little more makeup and let my hair down to make myself look a little bit more classy.

When I walked out of the bedroom I couldn't help but grin when I found Tino struggling with his tie.

"Here let me help," I said walking up to him and taking the tie from his hands.

I noticed how his eyes widened as he took in my appearance and tried my best to suppress a smile.

"Somehow that dress looks even better on you now than it did in the dressing room," he whispered.

"Well you don't look too bad yourself," I smirked. Attempting to tie his tie for him.

"Ugh," I groaned, as I once again failed to tie it for him.

"Maybe it'll be best if I didn't wear a tie," he chuckled. "It'll look more casual that way."

"Well if you're going for a more casual look I suggest you undo that top button," I said.

"When did you become a fashion designer?" He joked, taking my advice and undoing the top button, which admittedly made him look even better.

"Someone's liking the view," he smirked.

"Yea, and it's not me," I grinned turning around to go grab my shoes.

"At least I don't deny it," he chuckled.

The fact that he admitted he was staring at me was a shock and I couldn't help the blush that crept up on my face.

"I made you blush," he teased in a sing/song voice.

"Oh whatever," I scoffed giving myself a once over in the mirror before grabbing my bag.

"You ready?" He asked grabbing his jacket and extending his hand.

"Yep," I grinned taking his hand and walking out of the hotel room.

"You still haven't told me what we're going to see," I pouted as he led me to the elevator.

"It's a surprise," he smirked kissing the back of my hand.

"I hate surprises," I mumbled.

"You're taking me to see Phantom of the Opera!" I grinned spinning around to wrap him in a hug.

"I knew you'd like it," he chuckled.

"How'd you know I've always wanted to see this?" I asked as we walked to the ticket booth.

"I may or may not have called Alyssa and asked her what I should do with you while we're here," he smiled shyly.

"Awe how cute," I cooed, reaching up to pinch his cheek.

"Don't ever call me cute again," he mumbled, but I could see a pink tint on his cheeks.

"Oh my God, you're blushing!" I grinned.

"No I'm not," he argued tilting his head so I couldn't see his face.

"You totally are," I teased.

"Whatever," he scoffed wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Mom used to take me to the theater all the time," I admitted.

"Oh, I'm sorry if this brings up bad memories," he apologized.

"No, it brings up good memories actually," I explained. "Makes me feel happy."

"Well I'm glad," he nodded.

After what felt like an eternity of waiting in line we finally were able to take our seats up on the balcony.

"I heard that they have a wall of fire," I told Sage as he led up to our seats.

"Well look at you little ms. I know everything about Broadway," Sage chuckled.

"Whatever, I know for a fact that you do the same thing with fighting," I huffed.

As soon as we took our seats Sage laced our fingers together and rested them in my lap. As we waited for the show to start I found myself absently tracing the tattoos on his knuckles.

I could fell Tino's eyes on me, but I refused to look up. His flirty mood the past few days hadn't done any favors for my state of mind. I still couldn't figure out what I was felling toward him, and that scared me.

Finally the show decided to start and I silently thanked God that I didn't have to endure anymore stares since his eyes were now focused on the stage.