Chapter 10

We arrived at his house around midnight and I was falling asleep as we walked inside.

"Here's the guest room you'll stay in," Sage said opening up a door so I could walk inside. "I'll be right next door if you need me."

I laid back on the bed and fell asleep almost instantly.

The next morning I was surprised that for once I slept soundly with no nightmares. I let out a laugh and got out of bed heading to the bathroom to get ready for the day.

I put my hair into a messy ponytail and threw on a pair of denim shorts and a tank top. I decided I didn't need any makeup today and made my way downstairs to find the kitchen.

"Who are you?" asked a small voice from behind me.

I spun around to find a little girl who I assumed was Valentino's sister because she had his eyes and hair color.

"Ummm I'm a friend of Sage's, do you know where the kitchen is?" I explained.

"I'll take you to the kitchen!" She said grabbing my hand and dragging me along with her.

"You're not one of those girls who only stays for one night are you?" She asked sounding worried. "They're always mean to me, I thought Buba stopped having them over."

"Oh no I'm nothing like that," I assured her. "Sage is actually letting me stay here for a while."

"Really!?" She grinned looking back at me. "Do you think we can have a tea party while you're here?"

"I would love to have a tea party with you," I told her.

"This is the kitchen," she said as we entered a room.

It was the largest kitchen I've ever seen in my whole life, the island alone was the size of my entire kitchen.

"Can you make pancakes?" She asked me climbing up onto a stool in front of the island.

"Sure!" I said beginning to look in the cabinets.

An hour later I was covered in flour and had two plates of pancakes sitting on the kitchen island.

"Yay!!" Sage's sister squealed.

"You never told me your name," I pointed out putting the plate of pancakes in front of her.

"I'm Izzy," she said sticking out her hand for me to shake.

"I'm Annabelle," I smiled taking her hand.

"And I'm Sage," someone chuckled from behind me.

"About time you woke up Tino," I smirked turning around to face him.

"I see you meet my sister," he said watching as she dug into her pancakes.

"Buba! Look what Annabelle made for me! Can she stay with us forever?" Izzy asked from her seat.

"That's up to her Pumkin," Sage shrugged staking a pancake from my plate and putting it on his.

"Please can you stay with us," Izzy begged giving me the puppy dog eyes.

"How about I stay for two weeks and we'll see what happens," I said.

She nodded enthusiastically and turned back to her pancakes.

"So two weeks then?" Sage sighed.

"I don't think I can afford to stay any longer," I nodded.

"Well then it looks like I have two weeks to convince you to stay then," Sage grinned. "But first things first you're going to the doctor for that arm."

"I can't you know that Tino," I whispered looking down at my plate.

"I don't care, I know a doctor who won't think much of it, please just come to the doctor," Valentino begged grabbing my hand.

"Fine," I gave in. "But we better leave before I change my mind.

"Hey pumpkin," Sage said grabbing Izzy's attention. "Mum and dad sleeping why don't you go wake them up?"

"Okay!" She agreed getting off her stool and sprinting up the stairs.

"Lets go," Tino said grabbing his car keys.

I sat in silence the entire ride trying to get the point across that I really didn't think going to the doctor was a good idea.

"You can ignore me all you want but it won't change anything," Sage sighed glancing over at me.

I didn't say anything and just starred out the window and watched as the hospital got closer and closer.

"And how did this happen to your arm?" The doctor asked.

"I fell down the stairs,"I simply stated glaring at Tino.

"Well based on the X-rays it's definitely broken, you'll need to be in a cast for about four weeks," he thought aloud.

"Four weeks!" I practically yelled standing up. "I can't be in a cast for four weeks!"

"Well that's what it'll take for it to heal," he said giving me a look that told me to sit down.

I let out a sigh and sat in silence as he set my arm back in place and wrapped the cast around it.

"I'll see you in four weeks," he said before we walked out and headed back to the car.

"What am I supposed to do now?" I groaned. "I can't risk being out of the house for four weeks and I can't go home with a cast."

"Just stay with me, please," Sage begged.

"I can't," I simply said.

"What do you want to do today?" Sage sighed.

"I don't know," I said.

"Come on it's spring break! There has to be something you want to do," Sage pressed.

"Is it really spring break?" I asked shocked. "I didn't realize."

"So what do you want to do?" Sage asked.

"What is there to do here?" I asked.

"We could go to New York," Sage suggested.

"Are you crazy!?" I questioned. "We can't just go to New York."

"Sure we can," he shrugged. "All we have to do is pack up the car and leave."

"You're serious aren't you?" I asked.

"So what do you say?"

"Lets do it!"