Chapter 1 | Progenitor

"S-Soulmate?"

Yukashi's blue gleam in bemusement, wondering perhaps if the vampire hunter has no knowledge whatsoever of what it signifies. The Pureblood is conflicted how to present the situation—after all, he has heard quite a lot from Kaname of the silver-haired vampire. "Yes, a soulmate," He pauses licking his lips, "A significant other meant entirely for you. A fated lover to be with you for eternity." He explains, subtly finding himself swallowing his very heart out of fear.

Lavender eyes become cold, narrowing into a glare causing the blonde Pureblood to flinch in response, "I'll help you up. This is my fault anyway." His tone disembodied. Yukashi says nothing in response, raising his tethered hands for the vampire to undo; as he does so Zero proceeds to pull Yukashi's pants back up.

A frown forming on the blonde's lips, his mind attempting to say anything at all to the vampire hunter. It will hurt but it is best to give him the option, "You...can reject me. I can tell you how." His throat tightens, unsure if it is because of all the moaning or the increasing impulse to cry. Zero finishes buttoning the pants of the shorter vampire and follow by doing his completely ignoring him; he stands up glaring, "Hurry up, you're not supposed to be here."

Yukashi blinks in surprise, perhaps the vampire hunter wasn't listening to Yukashi and despite knowing he must repeat himself, he remains silent out of fear. The Pureblood lifts his back off the ground to a sitting position, he hisses under his breath at the tingling agony raking through up his spine. He forces himself to his feet and before he realizes it he's falling to the ground unable to feel his legs.

Zero grabs a hold of the Pureblood, his eyes falling to his naked chest and down his abdomen; there is no way he can cover himself with anything when buttons are missing from his jacket, vest, and black shirt. A red tie untied around the nape; Yukashi sucks in a breath peering over to the vampire hunter, "I am very sorry. I'll be on my way." His silky voice snaps Zero out of another trance.

The vampire hunter says nothing in response. What is there to say for him? Yukashi slowly moves away from the support and straightens himself, taking a step forward sending another wave of pain through him. He pushes it aside smiling over Zero who observes him blankly, "I'll see you around I suppose." Yukashi knows there will be no response and so escapes from the woods of the Sun Dorm, pass the ajar gate, and back to the Moon Dorm.

He rushes through the gates, the front door of the dorms, and proceeds to his assigned room. He opens his door—several doors apart from Kaname and closes it behind him before releasing a groan of agony. He forces his shaking knees to endure, walking to the direction of his bathroom; a part of him doesn't want to erase the traces of his soulmate's hands on his body, the way he is so gentle contradicting the rough thrusts.

Yukashi barely reaches the door when his knees give in, he gasps in surprise bracing himself with his hands and stares. His entire frame trembles, his thoughts storming with things he is afraid to confirm himself. He raises his hand to his neck, biting his lower lip to hold in the pain coming from his neck and he quickly pulls his hand away. Breathing in, Yukashi once again forces his body to obey him entering the bathroom.

His mind is consumed by Zero Kiryu. He is all he can think of, he is all he can feel from the impressions of his hands to his lips, he can still visualize his silver hair beautifully reflected by the white flecks of the moon. Lavender eyes. A kind flower who must be touched with care and love, embracing the warmth it spreads from the tip of the fingers to the core of one's soul. Yukashi wants to be that person for Zero.

Except, he knows he cannot expect anything. Zero had lost control of his inner beast, acting according to his instinct of the bond. Yukashi is drawn out of his stupor, the smell of a particular Pureblood hitting his nose, sensing his presence reaching the door of his bedroom. He knows precisely what to expect. He remains in place, observing the wooden door as a shadow casts below the crevice and when it opens, blue eyes are greeted with red-brown eyes and brown locks falling thickly onto broad shoulders.

His calm exterior contradicts the pungent emotions of his presence, "Yukashi," His voice says his name, expressing a discreet concern as he closes the door behind him strolling to the blonde Pureblood's bed. Yukashi smiles trying to hide the pain of his lower back and his sore neck, "You're hurt." Of course, his attempts are useless.

Yukashi has known Kaname for thousands of years. As soon as Kaname was awakened from his slumber, so has he. Kaname and Yukashi are connected by soul and body. Kaname can feel what Yukashi feels—except not everything, "No worries, I'm fine." He assures but it does nothing to sooth Kaname's worries.

Kaname narrows his eyes, observing how carefully positioned the platinum blonde haired vampire is, especially how his beautiful hair is gathered on one side of the neck than the other. He's hiding something from him—he can tell. As well as the most obvious thing of hiding his scent, "Yukashi, what happened?" Kaname inquires.

Yukashi hesitates knowing full well how the Pureblood will react but nonetheless because Yukashi trusts him as much as he has before their slumber—he decides to tell him. After all, they are soul bound brothers, "I met Zero Kiryu and...it turns out...he is my soulmate."

At the knowledge, Kaname visibly stiffens, his hand outstretching and before Yukashi can react, his hair is pulled back revealing a barely visible mark of a blooming lavender catching him by utter surprise. For a moment he simply stares, his thumb brushes over the mark bringing pain to the blonde Pureblood who had lost control of concealing his scent and that is when Kaname has taken full grasp of the situation.

Glowing red eyes calmly flicker to Yukashi's blue eyes. The Pureblood opens his lips to clarify the situation except Kaname speaks first, "He forced himself on you." His voice eerily smooth. A shiver runs down his spine gaping at the brunette before he gathered the words to answer him, "No! He didn't force himself on me, he simply lost control of himself. It is nor-" Yukashi is interrupted by Kaname.

His eyes glare at him, "You could have gain control of the situation. You could have stopped him, but you didn't. You didn't because it was the only way you can bind him to you, you knew as soon as you snap him back to his senses he would reject you." Yukashi snaps his mouth shut, gazing at his soul bound brother in utter silence. There is nothing for him to say when all of his accusations are true.

He had first smelled the scent of Zero Kiryu upon arriving at the front gates and with Zero was a girl. Instantly he knew Zero is a vampire and when he had arrived at the Sun Dorm he had interrogated Kaname. He took the opportunity while everyone was in classes to see him, to confirm his speculation of their bond, and then continued to tempt the hunter. If he hadn't Zero would have run from him, Zero would have rejected Yukashi and that is not what Yukashi wants.

Despite manipulating the silver hunter into completing the mating, he holds good intentions. Zero is entirely bound to Yukashi and will do whatever he can to help Zero. Kaname releases a soft sigh of exasperation, straightening himself, "I will speak to Zero about his actions and you will rest until you have recovered. I will cover for you as long as you do your part, Yukashi. There are vampires out there who will want to kill him and if they hear of him being mated to you, they will use this to their advantage."

A cold smile etches on the attractive blonde's face, accentuating the platinum shade of his hair and pale skin as his blue eyes become sharp, "They can try. I am sure they wouldn't want to upset a Progenitor of the Shoto family." He states. His silky voice sounding like crystal ice so shrill it can pierce anyone he wishes. Kaname's eyes return to their red-brown color, "You be careful of what you say, Yukashi. Your identity is to be kept surreptitious."

"I'm aware bu-" As Yukashi begin to protest of Kaname's earlier decision, he is forced to shut his mouth once more from the stern look on Kaname's face. "Rest. If there is anything you need, call me."

Yukashi's blue eyes observe the brunette leave his room in silence. A frown tugs on his lips, resting on his headboard with a pillow on his lower waist for a sense of relief. What will he do? He doesn't have the answer, nor does he know what his next course of action is. All he can do is recover until he can see Zero again.

Pray Zero hasn't decided to reject him as his soulmate or perhaps something much worse.

________________________________

Vote and comment!

Thanks for reading ~