Bonus: After The Epilogue

"That bastard," Zero growls under his breath. "He had the balls to propose to my son as soon as you had Eisei." His lavender eyes glared at the wall.

Yukashi merely smiles at his husband, cradling the baby in his arms that gurgled and squirmed. It warms his heart to hold the child Yukashi has been dreaming about for so many decades. At the same time, he witnessed the man Taji has grown to become.

"You and I both knew it would come," the blonde hair Pureblood states. "Isaya only had eyes for Taji since the beginning."

The vampire hunter cringes—repulsed. "You make it sound so disgusting."

"Have you forgetten I've had eyes for you since you were a teen?"

Zero remains silent. Yukashi meanders to his direction, holding their son; Zero's attention fall on the infant boy, the coldness in his features melt instantly. He takes his son into his arms, pressing his lips against Yukashi's temple inhaling the scent of his hair.

Zero smiles a little, "How are you so calm about this?"

The platinum blonde rises to his toes to kiss Zero who welcomes him passionately. He answers when they break apart, "Because I know Taji will be as happy as I am with you."

The taller Pureblood rolls his eyes, "I still want to kill him."

Yukashi laughs, a part of him knows Zero will more than likely kill Isaya when given the opportunity. Except the rest of him knows full heartedly he wouldn't do anything that would hurt Taji. Yukashi's heart beats at the rhythm of Zero's. It feels the same thing he feels this very moment.

"I should start planning the wedding." Yukashi announces, placing his hand on Eisei's head, his large lavender eyes gazed at him with wonder. He is truly a beautiful little boy and as the days go by, tufts of platinum blonde hair are more visible.

"Last time you planned our wedding, a fight nearly broke out between the Purebloods and the Aristocrats."

"That was years ago, Zero," the shorter vampire pouts. "And it was still a great wedding. Our friends got married too. Ah, that's right we need to tell the others about it."

"No," the silver hair hunter captures Yukashi's gaze. "Let's give them some time."

Yukashi narrows his eyes, "Isaya isn't going to change his mind, Zero."

"A father can only hope."

"Stop hoping because it's not happening. Taji and Isaya are meant to be."

"No, Taji is meant to be with us and Isaya is meant to go back to slumber."

They stare at each other for a long period of time before erupting into laughter. "I feel for Isaya, Taji has a bit of you in him." Yukashi says.

"Really?" Zero smiles.

Yukashi nods, "Of course, don't you know what his name means?" By the look Zero has on his face, the Pureblood realizes he never told Zero what it means. Or at least it completely missed him after being occupied for so long between raising Taji and reconstructing the vampire system.

"Taji means 'the yellow and silver color'," he answers. "Taji is me and you. He always has been and always will be."

Zero appears stunned by the revelation, lavender irises flicker a sparkling crimson. "Your ability to see the future scares me sometimes."

Yukashi chuckles, "I didn't have to see the future."

_________________________________

It's been so long 💕
Bonuses will probably be short snippets like this or if you're lucky it may be a full chapter.

Until the next bonus!

~ Roy