Chapter 23 | Grief

The meeting with the Aristocrats went as expected.

To be frank, Yukashi could barely focus on half the things he had said or was said to him. He received support from all vampires, uncaring of the fact Yukashi and Kaname had them in the dark for quite some time. Their loyalty toward Kaname nearly amazed Yukashi from how patient and understanding they are and for a moment... he wanted that too.

Considering Yukashi's power, he doesn't see himself fitting anywhere who isn't of the same era as him. Even with his descendant, Isaya Shoto things are rather awkward. All Isaya seeks is to return to slumber until he has to continue the Shoto bloodline if Yukashi were to go into slumber again. Everyone Yukashi knew thousands of years ago were either gone or in slumber—with the exception of Hanadagi.

He could remember a time when Hanadagi and Yukashi were great companions, combining Hanadagi's destructive ability to Yukashi's foresight served a great deal for the war. All Yukashi had to do was tell Hanadagi who and where, minimizing the casualties they would have suffered in the battle.

On one side, Yukashi saw Kaname as a brother he never had but Hanadagi... he was Yukashi's mentor. Yes, Hanadagi was younger yet he was far wiser, accepting of who and what he was, he learned of his abilities, expanded them. Yukashi had a hard time accepting his gift—he still does—all it does is destroy the things he cherished.

Some people wished they could they the future to prepare for what it will throw at their face except they have no idea what exactly they are wishing for. Yukashi doesn't just see the future, he sees what is fated to happen in more than one way. If someone is meant to die, no matter what Yukashi did to prevent it, they died one way or another; whether it was in a few days, weeks, months, or years. He could never truly tell.

Unfortunately, Yukashi had to learn the hard way and the only one who could help him through it was Hanadagi. They were two sides of the same coin. Which is why Yukashi is the only one who can bring him down no matter what he has to do; it has been quite a long time since Yukashi voluntarily used his ability.

It was naïve of him to think because the war ended thousands of years ago, he would no longer have any use for his power. There is always a battle or war against someone or amongst each other.

However, the reason for Hanadagi's wrath is entirely Yukashi's fault.

Due to Yukashi's deep pensiveness, he unexpectedly creates a gaping hole through the wall of his bedroom exposing the hallway. Heaving a sigh, he rubs his eyelids tiredly hoping Kaname wouldn't be too tough on him about the wall later. This hasn't happened to Yukashi in a very long time, he is usually careful with his powers and how indulged he'd be in his thoughts.

If he isn't careful enough, he could end up subconsciously burning the entire dorm to the ground. Yukashi doesn't lose control of his abilities, his abilities tend to act upon what he subconsciously feels. Standing from the bed, Yukashi exits his room, fingers making sure the bandage is around his neck until he halts frowning to himself. He doesn't need this anymore, not when everyone already knew everything they needed to know.

Fingers grip onto the thin fabric tearing it off his skin and allows it to fall to the ground, his eyes flicker toward it in a glare. The bandages set on fire by his strong gaze before proceeding down the corridors hoping to find something to keep his mind off unnecessary things. Especially after last night, Yukashi couldn't allow himself to be reckless.

"Yukashi," Kain regards the shorter Pureblood in a respective tone. It startles Yukashi at first, acknowledging the brownish-orange hair Aristocrat with more than six foot of height and burnt orange eyes. Yukashi doesn't associate with some of them as much but whenever Yukashi was around them, Kain always remained calm and perceptive.