Chapter 17 | Second Finale

He can't remember the last time he had difficulty to sleep at night. Perhaps when he had first awakened from slumber with Kaname; as soon as he had, he found himself in the nearest church, throat scorched like a flame down to his stomach kicked and twisted in agony for anything-anything at all to satiate the hunger making him feel as if his guts were eating itself. He remembers the screams of fear, his fangs sank into tender flesh and fresh, warm blood exploded the taste buds of his tongue and slid down his gullet hazing him a momentary euphoria.

Except it wasn't enough. Regaining control of himself once his thirst no longer overpowered his mind, he didn't feel anything knowing he had killed humans. It wasn't the first time he had to use humans as livestock—he is a monster who feeds on the vulnerable species after all. It is essential for his survival. He tried not to drink blood too often, drinking the blood of other vampires can only satisfy him for so long before human blood teased his senses and Yukashi simply caved in.

He spent days, weeks, and months refusing to sleep. An unspoken trauma to sleep and awaken in a time he cannot recognize, the people he once knew all deceased, the world he remembered it to be had changed, and he had to start again from the beginning. Not only so, he had to wait for his soul bound brother to grow up from a fetus to be the Pureblood he remembered him to be.

Those years were painful. Consumed by solitude, thrown into the responsibility of being the ancestor of the Shoto family all of which had long since slipped into their own slumber leaving no inheritors. That was when Yukashi had met a female Aristocrat of the Toya family; the eldest daughter who was the most beautiful.

As a matter of fact, Rima Toya reminds Yukashi of her; he has only seen Rima Toya in the Academy in rare occasions. Eight years ago, Rima Toya was a strong, carefree eight-year-old girl with sky blue eyes and orange hair resembling a flame; a very tough flame to put out at the time who demanded anything, and everything was exactly as she said it to be. Which made her rather clever for her age.

Now she has gradually matured. Adopted a rather indifferent demeanor of expression and due to being more of a logical thinker than someone who goes by emotions she is seen as aloof at times. Otherwise, Yukashi can see how protective and loyal she is to her friends-especially to Senri Shiki. Rima's older sister, however, was the most beautiful Yukashi has seen in thousands of years.

It may have been an arrangement of sorts except it took away his loneliness. She was young, fresh, impartial; her hair long and orange resembling the shades of the sunset, her eyes sky blue with occasional white fogs prompting Yukashi of puffy clouds. She was tall, slender, and all so delicate when Yukashi held her in his arms and searched comfort. She chased away the cold emptiness inside of him, she gave him balminess, companionship, and... himself.

A year passed, and they were officially engaged, they spent months planning the wedding. Each day passed by like a dream for Yukashi, to see the smile on her face become brighter and stronger. The wedding day came, followed by the honeymoon, and after a few years Taji Shoto was born.

The mansion was filled with smiles, laughter, and awe of a child. Chiaki and Taji were the sunset and the sun.

One night, Yukashi believed he would arrive home late. However, he came earlier than anticipated wishing to see his month-old son and his wife; upon entering his bedroom Chiaki was with another male. As she screamed the name of the man above her, Yukashi simply closed the door behind him and waited patiently.

His arms crossed over his chest, flawless face pulled into a stoic expression and his heart was as cold as ice. He didn't question himself how long she had been doing such a thing behind his back, he didn't question how much of a fool he was to remotely think that perhaps he found something in someone and as always, he was left... disappointed. He thought she was different.

"I was not aware you held such hobbies." Yukashi spoke in a blank tone startling the pair on the same bed Yukashi had made love to her numerous of times before. They cover themselves with the silky burgundy sheets, flustered and afraid by Yukashi's presence. Yukashi was not surprised to sense their terror toward him—he was a Pureblood, an ancestor with unimaginable power. "Y-Yukashi, I... I thought you were not returning home until-"

"After midnight, yes. I thought so as well," The once gentle voice Chiaki was greeted with became nothing but harsh and calloused. She flinched at his response, the look on his face was her first time seeing it and it frightened her. His soft blue eyes that were captivating and soft were now sharp enough to cut and hard enough to pass torments, his flawless face was so expressionless it made her wonder if this was the same Yukashi she remembered.

The same Yukashi who freely expressed himself in front of her had become a very horrifying demon. "There are three options I am currently seeing. I can kill him and face the future misfortunes, I can kill you and raise Taji on my own with a shadow following my every step, or I can kill you both and risk losing something very precious." Yukashi declared; this was his gift. The power unlike any other ancestor, he could see the results of life-changing decisions fated to happen.

He could see fate's plan when it came. This was one of them. This was fated to happen and so was the decision he was soon to make. He could see fate's plans, only glimpse, and pieces. None of them were simple. All decisions were hard, tragic, and a burden to bear with. "What?" Chiaki questioned in misperception because after all, she had no idea what Yukashi knew.

The blonde Pureblood merely uncrossed his arms and with a movement of his hand, the vampire who remained next to his wife was sent across the room. Chiaki yelped in fright, "I shall elaborate. I kill this servant and leave you to live, there will be misfortunes crossing our paths leading to many tragic events. I kill you and raise Taji on my own will result in someone seeking vengeance for your death. I kill you both, I can raise Taji without having to look over my shoulder and despite how convenient it sounds at the moment, something will occur. Something that will cost everything to me. That is my gift, to see the plans of fate and decide what is inevitable."

Chiaki's blue eyes widen, "You... You cannot be serious."

Yukashi moved his hand slamming the vampire against the wall once more—the sound of pain utterly ignored, "I am quite serious. I am holding both of your lives in my hands whether or not you choose to accept it. Regardless, you have served your purpose and gave me a son."

Chiaki gaped, "No! Taji is my son, I birthed him. You can't take away his mother. He will resent you for it."

"I can, and I will. I thought I'd be a gentleman and allow you to choose your fate, but I suppose it was foolish of me." As he finished his words, Chiaki conjured her power to fight against the blonde ancestor—and husband. Regrettably, for her, she did not make it out alive.

Yukashi blinks, drawing in a breath. He rises from where he rests curling his fingers into his wavy platinum blonde hair; that is right. He killed the mother of his son and her lover—it was an inevitable fate. Several months later he met-

"Lord Yukashi!" His memories are halted by the subtle presence of his butler barging into his bedroom without announcing himself prior. His soft blue eyes find the vampire, a terrified expression on his face fills Yukashi with bemusement—frowning. "Young master Taji has disappeared. I've looked everywhere, and he is nowhere in sight."

His heart skipped several beats at once, a cold bucket of ice falling over his head spreading throughout his body. Dread. "Where is Zero?" Yukashi demands pushing himself off the mattress and stands at his full height. His soft blue eyes are narrow, face hard to mask his inner conflict.

"He is gone as well."

Zero and Taji... his soulmate and his son are gone.

_________________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE