Chapter 13 | Lust

Yukashi forces himself to not express the anxiety and great fear. He forces himself to breathe as still as he is moving when rage sparks in those lovely lavender eyes like a flame; maybe it wasn't such a brilliant idea to tell him, but he felt he had to. Zero asked questions of him he couldn't answer, asked questions that would reveal far too much of himself and he wasn't sure if he would risk both Kaname and Zero with this knowledge.

The reason he is telling him now is not only because Zero deserves to know of his soulmate but because he is testing Zero. He wants to see what has changed, he wants to see if he can trust Zero even if it costs him the bond he has been waiting for over ten thousand years. "Bound? What do you mean your soul is bound to him?" Zero snaps.

Yukashi remains unfazed, "Precisely as I have said." He replies blankly. A growl rumbles from Zero's chest but makes no movements to do anything as he glares, "It's always Kaname. Why? Why is everyone always with Kaname this, Kaname that? What's so special about him?" Yukashi blinks at Zero's outburst, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion attempting to comprehend why is Kaname involved in this.

Zero doesn't give Yukashi the opportunity to respond—utterly seething in vexation, "You're going to tell me you're in love with him too? That you'll choose hi-"

"He's my brother!" Yukashi interrupts unintentionally raising his voice; emotions swirling inside of him, frustration, disbelief, pain, and fear all at once. Zero's eyes grow wide at the look on Yukashi's face, "Kaname is my brother and I would do anything to protect him as I would do anything to protect you. You are my first priority. Don't compare me to Yuuki, don't assume things you don't know and think I am like her who chose Kaname over you. Clearly, you still care about the fact she chose him." Yukashi breathes in shakily, swallowing the lump in his throat and narrow his soft blue eyes into a cold glare.

"When you are finished assuming wrongfully of me, let me know." Yukashi turns to the gate hauling it open and begins walking away from a shocked Zero. Yukashi doesn't expect anything, he simply continues to walk away like the last two times and Zero doesn't stop him. He plainly doesn't ca-

He gasps, caught off guard by the large hand grasping his wrist and wrenching him back. His back meets Zero's front, an arm encasing his abdomen to lock him in place, "I didn't mean to go off on you. I'm just tired of hearing Kaname's name from you when I'm right here and I just lost it when I heard you are bound to him. I thought it meant I was going to lose someone important to me again." He nuzzles Yukashi's neck, for once there was no bandage on over the mark allowing him to place a feathered kiss.

Yukashi shudders, holding his breath in order to keep his heart from jumping of out his chest. It isn't the first time Zero has said Yukashi is important to him except it is the first time Zero has actually come after him. Zero's hot breath fans Yukashi's neck intensifying the desire, "Stay with me. Please." Zero's raspy voice lowers into a whisper, fingers tangling Yukashi as their hands fall on their side.

Yukashi pushes his head back craning his neck enough to give Zero more access; the Pureblood struggles to breathe properly from the overpowering emotions rousing inside of him, "Of course, I'll stay." He responds softly. He can never bring himself to leave Zero, not before and definitely not now. Zero is too precious to him, Zero is everything to him, and losing the meaning of his existence would kill him.

Zero's arm holds him tighter, lips leaving hot trails of kisses over the burning mark. Yukashi's frame begin to tremble in need, biting his lower lip from the temptation; it isn't until Yukashi feels Zero's fangs impale his neck does a moan slip from him. Scorching desire electrifies his veins, his heart pounding harshly in his chest, drawing short puffs of air.

His mind is blank, frame melting against Zero. This is much more passionate than before, something so utterly blissful. It is hard for Yukashi to remotely breathe when he can feel his very soul quiver and he realizes why this is so much deeper than before.