Chapter 12 | Bound

There is something off about Yukashi; Zero isn't sure how he knows, he can simply feel it. It's surprising for him to remotely notice but he finds himself always noticing things about Yukashi. The things he notices is compared to Kaname, he isn't sure why—only that Yukashi gives him a similar impression as Kaname.

Perhaps it has to do with them being Purebloods. Zero finds himself delving more into depth about Yukashi, the curiosity far too great to ignore aside from the fact he hasn't touched the Pureblood in a few days.

A few days are too long for him, his yearning for Yukashi gradually becoming stronger. There isn't a time when he isn't yearning for him.

"Zero! You're late!" Yuuki fumes in half-hearted anger, he shrugs it off taking charge of the group of girls pushing and shouting at each other like rabid animals. It truly disgusts him how humans would lower themselves to such a degree for vampires but of course, they don't know what they are so why would they care how ridiculous they look.

"Get in a line!" Zero snaps, growling under his breath. The fangirls whimper in fright instantly doing as ordered; Zero glares crossing his arms over his chest waiting in torturous frustration for the Night class to appear, so this little game is over.

Yukashi's scent is the first thing he smells before he senses the other vampires behind the front gate; his body relaxes against his will smoothing out his frustration. The gates are pushed open and the shouts after the vampires begin, Zero instinctively glares at Kaname when he sees Yukashi beside him.

It drops from his face when he senses something different. Kaname is always leading the entire group, Aido is always two steps behind Kaname despite being his right hand. Yet for some reason, Yukashi and Kaname are par in par, on the same step, on the same level, and spreading an overwhelming aura of dominance. Is this how it feels when more than one Pureblood is in the same place? Or is this different?

Yukashi and Kaname stop at the same time sparing a glance to Yuuki and Zero. Lilac eyes fall once again on a bandage on his neck—something he wishes desperately to rip off and expose the mark to the world. Except he can't help but think why Yukashi feels it is dangerous for other vampires to know.

As far as Zero is concerned, there is nothing more powerful than a Pureblood and he is sure no vampire is stupid enough to remotely vex them. Yukashi strolls to Zero, the distant sensation he's been getting from the Pureblood is much more evident—Yukashi is different somehow. He isn't like other vampires.

He may give a similar impression of Kaname except it is diverse as well.

"How has your day been, Zero?" Yukashi asks, the same smile on his flawless face.

Zero uncrosses his arms, the temptation to reach out to him is difficult to resist, "Tiring. It's the same damn thing with these girls, I have no idea where the hell they get all the energy to keep this going every day." Zero shakes his head earning a few glares from the girls who are ogling Yukashi. He can hear how their hearts are bursting in their chest by the mere closure of their precious 'Prince Shoto'.

Yukashi chuckles softly, a lovely sound repeating in Zero's head wishing he can hear echoes more beautiful than those chuckles. Which requires him touching the Pureblood and the Pureblood underneath him. He pulls himself out of these thoughts wondering why he can't resist the impulses coursing through his figure.

Yukashi spares a small glimpse to his admirers flashing them a bright smile; they squeal before one of them fainted on the spot. Zero rolls his eyes at the dramatic reactions—it is only a smile but if they were to know as much as Zero knows what more Yukashi can do, they'd die of a heart attack. "They really are quite energetic. Do take it easy for the rest of the day, I'll be passing by." Yukashi vaguely tells him he will be visiting him tonight.

Zero twitches, he doesn't respond as Yukashi lingers in front of him for another second then retreats back to the group who seem to have been waiting for Yukashi to return and strangely enough so is Kaname. As soon as Yukashi is at his side they resume the walk to the main building of the academy.

The hunter frowns again tearing his attention away from the vampires to Yuuki trying to make sense of this. He can't feel anything else aside from her being a Pureblood—although a Pureblood like Kaname she remains somewhat inferior to him. He turns to the girls barking at them of the curfew causing them to scurry away to the Sun Dormitory.

He rakes a hand through his hair, relishing in the cool air as he strolls about on the exterior of the dorms while Yuuki does her rounds inside. He caught one about an hour ago thinking she can get away and sent her back to her dorm instead of taking her to the Chairman. Zero is not about to waste time taking her to Kaien when he's waiting for Yukashi.

He tugs at his silky locks thinking how stupid it is of him to be waiting but he can't help himself either—he can't help himself when it comes to Yukashi. He never can. He reaches a corner, right at the front of the dorm building and at distance is the gates separating the humans from the vampires.

Despite it being in between, vampires find a way through the gate. Zero's nose twitches following the smell coming from the front gate before Yukashi appears in front of it. Zero reaches the gateway, unlocking it from his side and wrenches it open, "Are you going to stay long?" Zero asks as the platinum blonde walks and he closes the gate behind him staying in front of it.

Yukashi smiles lightly, "I'm unsure, it depends on how you will react to what I will tell you." Yukashi's mellifluous voice toneless. Zero furrows his eyebrows, scrutinizing his face and instantly he notices it; his smile is casual, his soft blue eyes emotionless, and his expression stoic. He's never seen Yukashi like this, "What is it?" The hunter finally speaks.

The cool wind blows harder ruffling his wavy, platinum blonde mane onto his perfect face and shifts the collar of his immaculate white uniform, "I want you to know, my intentions were not to hide this from you. I am aware of your curiosity towards me and your countless attempts to gain answers. Now I will tell you something very important no one else should know and I am trusting you with this," Yukashi pauses.

Zero hitches his breath wondering what it is, wondering what it is he will be told, and at the same time why would Yukashi feel the need to not answer him the times Zero had questioned him the past few days. Finally, the silence is broken, "I am Yukashi Shoto, one of the Progenitors of vampires and the ancestor of the Shoto family. My soul also is bound to Kaname Kuran."

Out of everything Yukashi has said only one detail has stuck to Zero. Yukashi's soul is bound to Kaname. What does he mean his soul is bound to Kaname Kuran?

_________________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE