Chapter 19 | Hanadagi

It is moments such as these that Yukashi questions himself as a father. If the decisions he made were right for Taji, if it is worth leaving his son all on his own while he goes to aid Kaname. Despite how his heart throbs by the mere thought of his son missing him, there is nothing Yukashi can do.

Otherwise, Kaname would not have asked Yukashi to leave his son if it were not important. Yukashi must remind himself it is to protect his son.

Soft blues observe the silkiness of Zero's silver hair; snow white skin glows as the sun's glare reflected by a glass strategically placed for it to slither toward the poster bed frame. Inhaling, Yukashi's mind spins at the euphoric and saccharine fragrance of his soul mate. Shifting closer, his hands tucked closely to himself while Zero's arm is locked around Yukashi's waist.

The urge to touch the vampire hunter becomes a battle Yukashi finds himself losing rather quickly. A smile etches on his face, brightening the blue eyes staring intently at the resting face of Zero's. The Kagura had been refreshing, everything had clicked into place and that moment when Zero had gazed upon him during the season dance, something told Yukashi everything was going to be okay.

He's aware of the silver-haired hunter needing time to adjust properly in this newfound situation between them—however, Yukashi is relieved Zero is holding him. His heart palpitated quicker, lips pulled apart for a moment as he draws impossibly closer yet resists his temptation. It isn't until Zero's arm tightens around his waist and moves his head slightly does he become aware of Zero's awareness.

"How long have you been awake?" The hunter murmurs softly, eyes remaining shut as he closes the distance between their bodies. Yukashi's cheeks become a bright pink, fingers uncurling from under his chin and glide his fingers over the soft snowy white skin. Tingles explode from their touch, the heat of the mark on Yukashi's skin would have blistered him if it were not for the tinges of delight running through his blood.

This time Zero does open his eyes—lavender gazes at soft blues tenderly. The arm over the thin blanket covering their bodies is slipped under; hand diving underneath the shirt in order to feel Yukashi's skin. They visibly melt onto each other, sighing as Yukashi tucks his head beneath the hunter's chin and inhales.

"Not long." Yukashi answers.

The hot breath hits the hollow of Zero's throat and the blonde hair Pureblood senses the vigorous shivers running through Zero's frame. The smile on Yukashi's lips widens, pressing his lips onto the hunter's seal resulting in it glowing bright red. Averting his attention to Zero's face the crimson glow has swallowed the pretty lavender.

Exhaling, the hunter's hand rubs circles around the blonde's back, "I want to ask you something." Zero declares, eyes expressing his strong need for an answer. The platinum blonde haired Pureblood maintains his smile appearing as if he has no idea what questions are running through the hunter's head. "What is it?" Yukashi asks softly not the slightest bit curious.

"What did Kaname ask you to help him with?"

Blinking, Yukashi contemplates how to explain it to the silver hair vampire without making it seem far too serious. Actually, it is a dire situation and if handled tactlessly it could result in unfortunate events. "There is a Pureblood named Sara Shirabuki. Kaname has notified me of her posing as a threat; recently she had awakened the Lord of the Hanadagi family from his slumber. We're unsure what her plans truly are and what role does Hanadagi play." He finally says.

Zero frowns, seemingly trying to grasp onto the fact Yukashi has answered his questions and at the same time grows concerned. Yukashi studies his expressions, hand gliding upward from Zero's bare arm to his face. Tucking strands behind his ear—patiently waiting for him to say anything at all.