Chapter 5 | Jealousy

Yukashi Shoto has no idea what to do.

After that night of intense pleasure, he was forced to leave again without being able to talk about it. The next day, exams approached as well as Kaname's inevitable concern when he returned with wrinkled clothes, blood and grime staining his jacket, and messy hair. The scent of the vampire hunter thickly lingering on Yukashi's body which only added to Kaname's apprehensions.

"Yukashi, there's something you need to know." Kaname announces, helping the platinum blonde Progenitor into the bed after he had washed himself; blue eyes flicker to the brunette furrowing his eyebrows as he tries to lay on his bed without his back hurting too much. Once he is settled, Kaname stares deeply into his eyes.

An action Kaname does when he is sympathetic, "What is it?" Yukashi inquires when his soul bound brother says nothing. Kaname flickers his eyes elsewhere sitting on the edge of Yukashi's bed, "Zero is in love with Yuki."

Yukashi says nothing at all, his flawless features slipping into a state of stoicism and Kaname knows full well what it means.

Since then, Yukashi has been observing Yuki and Zero interact with each other, ignore his presence when it was time for his night class, and tries his best to fight himself to not go to the Sun Dorm to see him. Yukashi has no idea what to do, he has no idea how to get Zero to listen to him.

"Yukashi!" The Pureblood hears Aido call out his name gaining his attention; he raises an eyebrow at the golden blonde vampire who is grinning, "Aido." Yukashi addresses him.

The vampire flings his arms around the shorter male, "Want to head out? I heard there's a small event being held in the main building, there will be a lot of girls." He winks suggestively; Yukashi gives a drawl stare trying to remind himself no one knows he is mated to Zero. The notion of the vampire hunter brings him unimaginable suffering, "I rather stay in here. I have an exam very soon-"

Aido rolls his eyes interrupting the smaller blonde, "We both know you can pass it with flying colors."

"Unfortunately, you won't have colors to flaunt about if you continue the way you are." Yukashi retorts earning a pout from Aido. Yukashi has become gradually closer to the vampire who follows Kaname so closely and loyally which at some point, Kaname has told him Aido had confessed his romantic feelings for him some time ago.

Regrettably, Kaname's eyes are completely on Yuki and much to Yukashi's misfortune, so is Zero's eyes. "Do you have to be so mean?"

"Aido," Aido's cousin—Akatsuki Kain capture both blonde's attention. Kain is a fairly muscular Aristocrat in addition to being the tallest of the Night class. His skin noticeably tanner than other vampires, his spiky hair a brownish-orange with burnt-orange eyes. He gives an impression of a gangster especially when he is wearing a silver earring and his black shirt unbuttoned.

"What are you bothering Yukashi for? I already said I'm going with you." Kain says in a toneless voice. Aido grins again, "You always go with me. Are you sure you don't have a crush on one of the Day class girls?"

"Who has a crush on who now?" Ruka appears behind Kain causing Yukashi to blind at her subtle appearance. Similarly, to Kain, she is taller than the female Night class students. Her frame slim and feminine, long and wavy toffee hair with messy bangs framing her forehead; she is pale except noticeably darker than most and her wide eyes a coffee bean brown color.

Kain's full attention is now on Ruka, "Aido on all Day class girls." He responds boldly. "Hey! You're making me sound like a terrible guy."

"You are a terrible guy." Yukashi, Kain, and Ruka reply simultaneously.