Chapter 21 | Choices

The Moon Dormitory appears eerie and unwelcoming; his ears doesn't catch a single sound coming from inside. All except from one belonging to none other than Kaname Kuran.

Yukashi leaves his luggage at the entrance, closing the door behind him then proceeds to climb the stairs. Blue eyes flicker around—quizzical of the lack of people in the dorm; sensing the Pureblood in his office, Yukashi arrives cautiously. "Come in, Yukashi." Kaname beckons him, assuring Yukashi it is safe.

The platinum blonde hair vampire enters the office, door clicking as it locks behind him and his feet drags him in front of the brunette's desk. This time he wears a long-sleeved, black shirt with an opening at the collarbone continuing down to his chest. Red-brown eyes fixate on Yukashi's movements, expression stoic and posture calm.

"Nearly all the students have left the Academy. The others are canvassing the area to ensure nothing happens to the remaining students."

Yukashi sits on the chair present in front of the desk; a soft sigh slips past his lips as he rakes his fingers through his hair. "How are we certain this threat isn't a ruse?" Yukashi inquires, a placid expression across his face. An expression Kaname hasn't seen since Yukashi had step foot in the school.

Kaname stares, "We aren't. However, we could not take the risk of putting the student's lives in danger. Especially when you and I are fully aware of Hanadagi's capabilities." His response causes Yukashi to stiffen slightly, images of Hanadagi's previous actions toward humans were atrocious.

Hanadagi has no regard for human life whatsoever. If humans are what will help him achieve his goal, he will use them. Most of the time it involved the humans dying for his resolve. If the students were not evacuated it would have resulted in the greatest massacre since the war thousands of years ago.

What Hanadagi despises more than anything are humans turned into vampires. Vampires like Zero. "What of Sara Shirabuki's whereabouts?" Yukashi asks, clenching his jaw firmly with blue eyes gleaming in murderous intent.

From the lack of response for the first several seconds Yukashi already anticipates the answer, "She vanished," Kaname straightens, moving toward Yukashi slightly.

Yukashi narrows his eyes from the change of atmosphere, a tingling sensation rushes over his skin. "Yukashi..." Kaname drifts off, red-brown eyes noting the change in Yukashi as one he is very familiar with.

"I know, brother. From the vision I saw before I came here, I think it is about time," Yukashi swallows harshly retaining a composed exterior, "Zero needs to know the truth."

"What else did you see?"

"My son was taken and currently being held against his will with Hanadagi."

Yukashi responds in a monotonous tone; rage and trepidation coiling inside him bringing an overwhelming storm of emotions. His own son was taken from the one place he should be safe in, unfortunately, by the time Yukashi had seen the vision it had already happened and it would have been fruitless to return to his mansion without a clue of where to search.

Taji is strong, Yukashi knows that much.

Kaname has a cold glint in his eyes, his flawless face grows hard at the news of his nephew being used as a means for Hanadagi to achieve his goal. It doesn't surprise them in the least considering Hanadagi's mercilessness show no regard toward age, gender, or race. "Then I suppose attacking the Academy could be the next step to their plan." The brunette declares.

Normally, Yukashi would have an answer to all of Kaname's assumptions or inquiries except there is a part of Yukashi that hesitates to use his power. A power that had turned Yukashi as cold and merciless as Hanadagi; seeing the future brought a great burden for him. Having to make decisions according to how it will benefit him, in the end, it harms many people whether or not it was his intention.