Chapter 10 | Anger

Zero can't stop thinking about yesterday.

It is normal to be shrouded with fear and anxiety of his decision; he knows he isn't in love with Yuuki. He—perhaps—has known it for a while now but because he wanted it so much to feel love, he couldn't break away from his own illusions. The question running through his head, is he in love with Yukashi? He isn't entirely certain.

Staying up all night to these thoughts aggravates him and at the same time confuses him. He doesn't know much of anything about Yukashi other than being a Pureblood of the Shoto family and having an unclear relationship with Kaname. A small growl rips from his throat disliking the Pureblood Lord sneaking its way into his head.

It sparks him with curiosity at the same time.

He smells Yukashi first before he hears a knock on his door; typically, his first response would be to pick up his Bloody Rose and hope they don't dodge when he pulls the trigger. Instead, he stands up from his bed walking to the door and opening it allowing the blonde to stride inside with a smile on his face.

"You're here early." Zero frowns, silently hoping he'd catch some sleep. His thoughts are beginning to get on his nerves; Yukashi although two inches shorter than the silver-haired hunter, is rather averagely built. Lavender eyes watching how he pulls back strands of his wavy, platinum blonde hair which then slides down near his soft cheek.

Zero twitches, wondering how can a guy be so beautiful like Yukashi but soon answers his own question when he recalls he's a Pureblood. "But you're awake." Yukashi points out sheepishly causing Zero to give him a blank look. Zero's eyes drift lower, seeing Yukashi wear a black dress shirt unbuttoned a little below his chest and jeans.

Even the way he dresses casually is similar to a certain Lord. "Why are you here?" Zero questions him, struggling to stray his eyes away from the blonde. His scent drowning his senses aren't helping either; the black silky material hugging his lean figure perfectly. The opening of his chest reveals the soft paleness of his skin—a skin he has touched and craved to continue touching.

Then the jeans tightly revealing the length of his long legs, hugging his hips a little lower than it should and as soon as Yukashi turns a little to his side, the jeans definitely cling to his rear. "Today, I want to go out to town." Yukashi declares drawing away the attention from his rear to his face.

Zero raises an eyebrow, "And? What does it have to do with me?"

Yukashi chuckles throwing himself on Zero's bed and snuggles onto his pillow, "I want to go with you. I am not quite well acquainted with the vampires close to Kaname and so far, Kaname believes I should go out once in a while."

Eyes watch the way the shorter blonde shift around the bed, feeling as if the Pureblood is purposely inviting him to his own bed. Zero tries to ignore it as much as possible walking to his bed and stands near it, "You seem to get along with them. At least that's how I see it."

Zero doesn't say much else trying to keep himself under control and not snap at the Pureblood if he says Kaname's name again. He wonders why it is he hears about the vampire more from Yukashi than Yuuki, "Barely. I quite like Kain, otherwise the others don't hold human life with high regards." Yukashi sighs rolling to his back and craning his neck showing the bandage covering the mark. Again.

Either Zero is imaging it or from the position Yukashi is taking, he really wants Zero to do something. "And you want me to go with you?" He knew from the moment Yukashi said he wants to go to town that he wants Zero to go with him. His soft blue eyes stare at him, "I thought I made it pretty clear." As if to make things worse for the hunter, he places a hand over his stomach sliding it upward near his chest.

Without any control over his body Zero approaches his bed further and climbs on—hovering over the blonde who watches him intensely with a smile on his luscious lips, "Why do you cover it?" Lavender eyes flicker to Yukashi's neck,

Yukashi realizes he never had the opportunity to explain to Zero, "Vampires rarely find their soulmates. Mostly because they are either dead or have yet to be born and when that occurs after a certain amount of time, the vampire is left with no choice but to accept an arranged marriage."

A frown etches on Zero's face, the thought of Yukashi undergoing an arrange marriage makes him feel bitter. For a vampire to be unable to find their soulmate because either they died or haven't been born yet sounds strange. Wouldn't it mean a vampire would have to wait for a very long time before they can find them? "How long did you have to wait?" Zero is curious.

Yukashi's eyes flash with sadness, "Too long." Those words are enough to tell Zero that Yukashi is a lot older than he looks—maybe a few hundred years. He doesn't know. "Are you coming to town with me?" Yukashi switches the topic, Zero instantly knows it is a sensitive topic for Yukashi.

Lavender eyes avert to the bandage on his neck reaches for it and peels it back, "You didn't answer my question." Zero answers. The mark glows shades of blue and lilacs, brushing his fingers over it causing Yukashi to violently shudder in delight. Zero's eyes narrow trying to restrain himself, "It's for your protection. If vampires are to know we are soulmates especially by the smell of you on me which I've been concealing, they would come after you or me."

Zero frowns, "I can protect myself."

Yukashi's eyes shift slightly, "I know you can Zero but I must do this to protect Kaname."

"Why is everything about Kaname?" Zero snaps glaring down at the Pureblood; Kaname always plays a part on something. He doesn't understand why Yukashi has to listen to him, why he has to protect a Lord who has thousands of followers that can protect him without Yukashi. Can't he have at least one person whose first priority isn't Kaname Kuran?

Yukashi stares at him placing a hand over Zero sparking the tingling sensation he has grown used to, "Zer-"

"I'm going to shower." Zero tears himself away from him and slams the door to the bathroom. He grits his jaw glaring at the floor. Zero knows this feeling very well and he curses at himself for feeling envy toward the fact Yukashi is stuck to the hip with Kaname.

Why is Kaname so important to Yukashi?

_________________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE