Chapter 11 | Contemplation

He has noticed it before and seeing his reaction now confirms his speculations. He contemplates if he should remove the bandage to please Zero; as long as he conceals his scent, no one can tell who he is mated to but because he'll be with Zero it wouldn't take a second to guess who it is.

If anything at all happens to Yukashi, Kaname will also suffer and that is a risk he doesn't want to take. Unfortunately having to choose between pleasing his beloved and protecting his brother is not easy. He sighs deciding it is best to keep the bandage and fixes it while he hears the shower run; Yukashi thinks about it again.

Before he can stop himself, he peels off the bandage biting his lower lip as he stares at the white patch. He crumbles it with his fingers and tosses it to a small trashcan; Yukashi lays on the bed and turns to his stomach to stuff his face with Zero's fluffy pillow. He smiles, the sweet flowery scent sends him to a small high and before he notices it, his eyes flutter from a foggy grogginess.

He's startled awake when he hears the door to the bathroom open; he blinks turning to his side to gaze at the hunter which was his mistake. His face explodes to shades of red seeing Zero's fit frame coated in water droplets on his snowy white skin. A towel wrapped around his narrow waist, muscles flexing and tensing with each movement and his silver hair glossy.

"What do you want to go to town for?" Zero asks Yukashi who is too busy staring at him. Yukashi finds it hard to breathe, his heart pounding in his chest and he can already feel the heat in his body begin to rise. Yukashi can't last longer than a day, his desire for Zero is too strong to contain it.

He forces his eyes to look at Zero, the hunter's eyes are on him making him feel embarrassed, "I want to get to know the place. Maybe buy something to eat along the way." Yukashi answers managing not to stutter or squeak. Zero walks to his closet, "You do know the town is the headquarters of the Vampire Hunter Association."

Yukashi nods absentmindedly, soft blue eyes concentrated on Zero's lean figure; the blonde Pureblood is shocked when Zero drops the towel exposing his glory. Yukashi holds back a sound of surprise, eyes wide at the size of the hunter.

The mark on his neck begins to blister his skin and he tears his gaze away looking elsewhere as his cheeks burn hotly. He surely did not expect that. It's no wonder it was so painful the first time but somehow, he was able to take all of it in. Yukashi is amazed and disbelieved with himself.

At this rate, Yukashi won't be going into to town. "Why are you so embarrassed? It's nothing you haven't felt before," Zero says nonchalantly only adding to Yukashi's embarrassment remembering how it felt inside of him. He covers his face struggling to alleviate his respiration and the hot desire building up from the pit of his stomach.

He's never felt like this before. To have the consistent craving or desperation for someone is something so new to him and he questions why is it his body reacts this way. He has no control over his body's yearning, "Is it just you and me?" Yukashi takes a moment to regulate the small pants leaving his lips and control the tremors raking through him.

Yukashi clears his throat uncovering his face enough to answer Zero, "Y-Yes."

Zero peers over to the Pureblood sitting on his bed; tugging his shirt down his torsos. He can smell the saccharine fragrance overwhelming him and he's amazed at himself to be able to hold himself back. "Let's go before I change my mind." He drawls.

Yukashi throws himself off Zero's bed, the movement cause Zero to notice the mark on his neck and a part of him feels content to see it. "Great!" Yukashi curves a smile on his lips brightening his face.

The town is made of old stone, retaining an eccentricity to it bringing a natural attraction from being untouched by the quickly evolving world of humans. Yukashi learns the town is at the base of the hill; the soft wind ruffles healthy green leaves, an impression of purity greeting his lungs as he hears the gentle tune of birds singing from a distance.

There aren't many people around, sparking a small inquisitiveness to Yukashi wondering what human wouldn't be out on a day like this. He smiles to himself when he does see humans walking, chatting, and small children running pass them both. Zero merely watches the Pureblood admiring the radiant gleefulness, something he wants to cherish with all his power but at the same time afraid to be the one to break it.

The sun hitting Yukashi's soft pale skin brightens the mark on his neck which begins to expose faint glitters from the dull glow of soft blues and lilac. A beautiful lavender mark on a beautiful creature, "Do you have any places I can visit? I don't know my way around." Yukashi peers over to the taller vampire.

"So, you're not shopping?" The silver-haired hunter asks, the only time he's dragged into town is when Yuuki needs to buy something. Yukashi shakes his head, "Maybe for something to eat but otherwise, I don't need anything." Zero nods his head in response.

Yukashi observes him; he can't blame Zero for hating Kaname. No matter how much Yukashi cares for Kaname, he isn't blinded by it either; he knows Kaname may not be the best and is, in fact, cold, manipulative, and cruel. Yukashi has witnessed it himself except it doesn't make Yukashi any different.

He will never be any different from Kaname having spent thousands of years roaming this Earth. He has seen what humans have created and destroyed, he has seen what they have gained and lost, he has seen their evolution, he has seen their drastic change. He may regard human life higher than vampires around him but in the end, if it came to it, who would choose his race over humans.

Humans are not livestock to him, humans are not animals to him either. Humans are fragile little creatures, creatures he knows full well if handled without proper care will break. Yukashi adores those creatures despite their flaws and brittleness; humans are something Yukashi never had the opportunity to be.

It doesn't seem fair to him to rip someone's humanity.

"If you want to eat, there's a small café not too far from here." Zero glances at Yukashi, frowning to see a faraway look in his eyes. Soft blues empty and cold, lip pressed firmly in a manner he recalls Kaname do more times than he wants to remember. "Yukashi?"

The Pureblood snaps out of his thoughts, pushing them away. He blames Kaname for these notions rousing inside of his mind. To tell Zero the truth? He can't bring himself to do so, not when it will put at risk what he has tried so hard to build. "Sure, it sounds great." He musters a smile hiding away the storm in his mind.

Zero stares at Yukashi before turning away, he can feel something is wrong, but he won't question it. Yukashi, on the other hand, is contemplating a decision.

A decision that may just pull the veil and reveal what is truly hidden underneath him.

_________________________________

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE